customer login

kaz

I need a customer login. After the login, the customer should be directed to a separate page which is set up for the customer with downloads, infos, especially for the customer.
The Login Register Pro module seems to be suitable, but: I don't necessarily need the possibility for users to register themselves, because registration is is only for selected clients.

Does anyone have experience with "customer login", how do you provide login to customers?

5 hours ago, flydev ?? said:

You could also use (if up-to-date) the free version of the LoginRegister module, or you will find a lot of implementation here in the forum, eg: 

The LoginRegister module doesn't exist anymore. I couldn't find it even with the search for Login, Login Register, LoginRegister and so on. It may have been removed because it has a Pro version?

Is this for the front-end?

If yes,

You can write your own login routine that will check against the user data (additional field denoting selected client). Once verified, redirect to the desired page. Since you don't want users to register themselves, you can add a link to your login page (similar to contact us) where potential clients can request an account. The request is emailed to the admin for processing.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

I bet that the first version of LR was removed because the module is not maintained in favor of the new version. As well, the pro module make things easy to implement and will let you sleep tight, as most hassles (security.. blabla..) got handled by ryan and contributors. If you want to try it out before pulling out the wallet,  you can find the free version on the author's github ? https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/LoginRegister - (I have myself the first version in the wild since years without issue / registration disabled) and you will find some threads around the forum to customize it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, rick said:

Is this for the front-end?

If yes,

You can write your own login routine that will check against the user data (additional field denoting selected client). Once verified, redirect to the desired page. Since you don't want users to register themselves, you can add a link to your login page (similar to contact us) where potential clients can request an account. The request is emailed to the admin for processing.

Just a thought.

Client Login may not be detailed enough. ‚User management‘ would probably be the better term?

Backend module user management:
Add user: user (nameprename) is created, and user's page is created (user/nameprename)
The user receives the login data (email, password) by mail.

The content of the page is not managed by the user, the content is read-download-only, placed by me. It contains clients CI/CD data; downloads, logos, colors, fonts, … Data which are permanently requested, so I would like to make these data available to the customer online, on its own protected page, – available via a login page that redirects to the user/nameprename user page.