[SOLVED] Page show only html

esspea

Hello everyone,

I've recently changed ISP and now when I set up a new site, the page appears and everything is there and everything works but there is only html, there seems to be no CSS.  Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 

Here is how it looks:

image.png.3550a7547b14a16092919673c8af46e1.png

hi,

honestly this kind of things is usually due to the path you've set to those css files (nothing to do with pw or not actually)
a simple way for you to check, start emptying the cache (module page render) then look at the page source code and click on the css file link, you'll see if your run into a 404 or if you see the file source

simple thing to take into account, this may depend on if you're working with a vhost/domain or juste pointing to your hosting root and if your links start with a root / or not

hope it'll help

haves a nice day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, esspea said:

I'd like to add that this is a fresh install, I have made no changes at all.

It might also be a 403 (permissions changed in your file or the folder it lives in). As stated above, have a look at the console for any errors (if a module refresh did not resolve your issue; including clearing your browser cache or viewing in incognito). 

Here is the link to the main.css file:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $config->urls->templates;?>styles/main.css" />

looks OK to me.

If I open "view page source" and click the link to the css file I get a 403, but as far as I can find out the folder and file permissions are in order, 744 for folders and 644 for files.

Ive done hard refresh but what is a "module refresh"?

hi,

this makes me going back to what i was thinking ?
is your website installed in a folder on your server, is there a domain aiming to this folder, have you installed pw using your domain (if any) what automatically fills the config file with the right config urls

this being said, have a look to the bottom of your config file looking for this var $config->httpHosts = array('...')
when you look at it, is the url the one you use to preview you website, if not your problem is here ?

i must say i never run into this kind of issue as i always write my css, js and so on paths myself without the php part /site/assets/css/...css
but if your config file url is the good one, in the source code you should see the right path to your website domain/site/templates/styles/main.css

in fact, have look at what is in the config.php array and compare it with the path in the source code, you'll probably find a "slight" difference ?
(usually on install, pw, checks if the folders that need to be are wirtable, a path to those folders should not return a 403 (nor a 404 by the way :))

have a nice day

You were right from the beginning, virtualgadjo.  The problem was permissions to the main.css file.  I had it set to 744 but not 755.  Now it all looks nice again and I have had a good and thorough learning curve and am not the slightest bit embarrassed ?

Best thanks and regards,

Snorri

• esspea changed the title to [SOLVED] Page show only html