A super sweet website

heldercervantes

Natasha Marques is a desserts chef and chocolatier from Brazil with an international carreer. Now established in my hometown Porto, she's about to open a shop and already shipping her premium line of sweets and desserts.

The website is my usual combo of PW with StencilJS frontend with a content blocks approach. Minimal stack of modules: SeoMaestro, WireMailSmtp, and my own block selector module which is a hacked version of FieldSelectFile.

The site is only in portuguese, but have a look anyway:
https://arbynatashamarques.com/

• Like 18

With all respect to the beautiful website .... but the domain name ?
I have seen a lot of domain names but never something like this.
Think of Visitors outside of Brazil and who is going to memorize
something like arbynatashamarques ? Even on a business card it would
look kind of absurd. A domain name should be short, easy to memorize
and recognizable for a brand, a service, a product, etc. etc.
But maybe this is just me.

• Like 2

@pwired She, (Natasha Marques), with her full name, seems to be "the brand". If you read the first sentence: "... with an international career". So, her name is already known in the target group(s). And to use ones own name is completly common usage. 

43 minutes ago, pwired said:

But maybe this is just me.

Seems to be right. ?

• Like 4

On 2/10/2022 at 3:10 PM, pwired said:

With all respect to the beautiful website .... but the domain name ?

I have to agree with you. It feels a bit weird to me, specially the "AR" part, which translates to "air", but I tend to read it as A.R.

But that's the brand, and it already existed before the website. The domain name too, was already running with a not very good wordpress.

Good thing is, as she came over to deliver some of her products, she commented that she already had some contacts coming from the site and that wasn't happening before. We haven't even started promoting it other than me sharing it on twitter, so this is great news.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2022 at 12:59 PM, heldercervantes said:

Natasha Marques is a desserts chef and chocolatier from Brazil with an international carreer. Now established in my hometown Porto, she's about to open a shop and already shipping her premium line of sweets and desserts.

The website is my usual combo of PW with StencilJS frontend with a content blocks approach. Minimal stack of modules: SeoMaestro, WireMailSmtp, and my own block selector module which is a hacked version of FieldSelectFile.

The site is only in portuguese, but have a look anyway:
https://arbynatashamarques.com/

I really like the clean look and the choice of color. The pink hue really gives a warm touch. And I absolutely like sites with big colorful images.

What plugin was used for the image translation effects? Looks super smooth.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:48 AM, Stefanowitsch said:

What plugin was used for the image translation effects? Looks super smooth.

It's all hand coded ?

The approach is something like this:

1. Start an IntersectionObserver to determine when the image is in the viewport (or close to it)
  2. When it's in the viewport I start a requestAnimationFrame loop, turn it off when the IntersecionObserver detects the image left the screen
  3. On each tick of the rAF I calculate a new position (get the position relative to the viewport as a %, multiply that by a certain value and assign it to CSS transform: translateY)

And as I use StencilJS, I create this behaviour as a web-component, in the end I just have to wrap the image in a <c-image-parallax> block and that's it.

• Like 6