Template market

MateThemes

Hello everyone!

First of all I am relatively new to Processwire. I am currently a member of this forum, I think since 3 years or so. I have build several projects with Processwire and I need to say "Dev things" and Webdesign is only a part time job for me.

The main thing I want to ask you is: I am currently thinking of to build a small marketplace for themes build on UIkit 3 and/or TailwindCSS (Themes should be sold on ThemeForest) and templates for Processwire. As Processwire is only a developer CMS, not like Wordpress that is for non Developers too, I want to ask you.

• Is there any need for you for a theme market?
  • Do you build the most themes from scratch or do you buy themes and customize them - if needed?
  • If you buy themes - Where do you buy theme?
  • Are there any needs for you to have a solid starting point with predefined fields in Processwire or is it better for you to build everything from scratch?
  • What is your preferred CSS Framework?

I am looking forward for your replys!

Gerald from MateThemes

• Like 1

I reply to you since nobody else does ?
The motivation behind this silence is that in the past there was a similar thread in which someone else raised the same questions, regarding themes and a marketplace eventually.
Short answer is no, most of the users here in the forum don't rely on theme market (as far as I remember, personally I design them from scratch).
Same goes as having a starting point for processwire, due to the fact I build heterogeneous sites where it's kinda rare I feel the need for something different than a blank profile.

Tailwind css rules ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3fingers said:

I reply to you since nobody else does ?
The motivation behind this silence is that in the past there was a similar thread in which someone else raised the same questions, regarding themes and a marketplace eventually.
Short answer is no, most of the users here in the forum don't rely on theme market (as far as I remember, personally I design them from scratch).
Same goes as having a starting point for processwire, due to the fact I build heterogeneous sites where it's kinda rare I feel the need for something different than a blank profile.

Tailwind css rules ??

Hello!

Thanks for your honest answer.

I was quite sure that there is no need for a marketplace, because it would be there one, if the dev's here would need one. It is surely the approach of processwire, that there is no need for that, because every setup for every single website will be in a different way.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible to use pre-built themes with ProcessWire, but since you can't be sure in advance what fields someone will create, rather than building a ProcessWire specific theme, any well documented HTML theme should be easy to adapt to ProcessWire with not much effort. 

Mostly I think people build sites from scratch, but I did have someone once who wanted to use a theme, and had a limited budget, so it was actually quicker and cheaper to adapt an off-the-shelf HTML theme for them than build from scratch.