Custom comments with Form Builder Pro

rjgamer

Hi,

I am not happy with the limited features of the free comment module. Now I am thinking to buy the Form Builder Pro, but I am not sure if it can be use for custom comment system.

Can anybody tell me more about the possibilities to create a custom comment system? Can I change the output of each input field for Bootstrap oriented stylings? And can I output the sent data in the frontend?

Thanks.

With Formbuilder you can save your submitted data either as entries or normal pages. You may then query those entries or pages and output them as you see fit. Thoroughly sanitized I don't see why this wouldn't work. Depends on your Processwire skills.

But I am sure there are people in the forum with more experience in that matter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 2:36 PM, rjgamer said:

Can I change the output of each input field for Bootstrap oriented stylings? And can I output the sent data in the frontend?.

Yes - Formbuilder has the option to output each form in adherence with a number of popular frontend frameworks - bootstrap included (see screengrab below). There's also a number of embedding options which include the option to completely customise/control the code output so you should be covered from this angle too.

Out of curiosity, what are the shortcomings of the default comments you are looking to overcoming. If it's just styling/presentation couldn't you just modify the markup for this instead?

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 21.22.34.png