DELETE button on PAGES list

benbyf

Would be nice to have a shortcut to delete pages on the PAGES section instead of having to EDIT then delete each page.

There is, kind of. If you click your trash page open, you can drag & drop pages there.

I agree that current solution is not ideal. But adding one more link after page name wouldn't be either. That would be messy and it would require confirmation of some kind. Maybe one button: bulk delete. After clicking that there would be delete link after each page. Just click once for every page you want to remove and after that one click confirmation for all pages.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

After happily experimenting with the CSV-import module (http://processwire.com/talk/index.php/topic,432.0.html), I ended up with many new, easily created pages... But after adding 50+ new pages, I decided that I needed to delete, let's say, 35 of them...

Since this is quite time consuming I started looking for a bulk delete option and noticed this thread. Since I could not find a bulk delete plugin, I would like to support the current requests for a bulk delete option/plugin.

/Jasper

I would like to see at some point a button which allows removing all the children. Maybe on children tab.

Bulk deleting while developing a site is pretty simple through API (not tested and written in browser):

<?php
foreach($pages->find("template=something, parent=/testing/") as $removePage) {
 $removePage->delete();
}

Of course selectors will change depending on what you want to remove. Just add that snippet to your template file and visit page that uses that template.

EDIT: Didn't read your post very well Formmailer. In your situation there might not be a good selector (if you need to pick those 35 pages manually). So something like bulk editing would be the best way in situation like that.

I agree with that it needs some sort of shortcuts to delete and do tasks like publish and unpublish, and have a mode to select pages to via checkboxes and perform a certain status operation.

Not only handy for developers (which are also users) but for end users too. Through API is of course the most flexible and powerful one as with all. IMO the drag and drop is nice but not always suitable and can be cumbersome for some people to use in cases when they use pad, small screen, there's lots of pages in the tree, handycaped etc. and the trash is all the way down and mistakes are made easily.

One solution could be adding these bulk selection tools to search lists. Or then just simple "delete mode" on pagelist (toggle click, and after that only "remove" button after each page and finally after choosing which pages to remove some kind of confirmation).

Sometime after 2.1 I'm hoping to find a way that we can select multiple pages at once in the PageList, and then drag-move, or edit them as a group.

As for editing groups: if you had multiple pages selected and clicked "edit" it would take you to a PageEditMultiple process rather than a PageEdit process. And PageEditMultiple would be limited to just some of the basics that are on the current PageEdit settings tab ('status' being the obvious one).

In terms of selection, if it's possible, I'd like to use the standard shift-click to select linear groups, and ctrl-click to select individually, as well as click-n-drag a box around the group of pages you want to select. I think all these actions would be a natural fit in the current PageList, so it's just a matter of figuring out the code to make it happen.

• 10 months later...