Release: Padloper 2 Alpha/Early Beta

kongondo

Demo site (frontend) is here. I'll do a write-up about it soon. The cart is htmx, Tailwind and alpine.js powered. Borrowed bits of templates here and there, threw in some Tailwind CSS components and this is what we get. Oh, yes, all the blemishes are mine. Site is not optimised but it is fast enough. It should give better feedback after item is added to cart. Will work on it later. Full checkout works. The PayPal widget will not charge you though. It will just crash (with a lot of grumbling in the console). Over the weekend I'll set up a GitHub repo with this demo as a starter site for our testers (especially). I also plan to wrap up the docs and prepare access for testers ready to download by Monday. I'll send you (testers) an email in this respect. After (or even before) that I'll write up a bit about what to expect in this first release and what not to expect. 

Happy new year.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, kongondo said:

The PayPal widget will not charge you though. It will just crash (with a lot of grumbling in the console)

That's a relief! I almost started to wonder how you would deliver the ladies some people might imagine to order ;)

Happy new year Francis, I'm looking foward to it all as always.

51 minutes ago, desbest said:

Is it a good idea to wait for the documentation to be completed before us testing it?

Some people have been telling me the opposite. They just want it now ?. Some of the features are pretty straight forward, for instance, editing a category or tag page. They are ProcessWire pages being edited in the usual page edit form. Given that this is alpha/early beta software it is not catastrophic if the documentation is lagging behind. I'll leave it up to the individual for now ?.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexm said:

@Roych No, you're not missing anything I don't think. @kongondo has been working on the docs and also putting together the repository and will then update everyone who registered interest via email I do believe.

Oh great, I thought so, just had to make sure I'm not missing this out. ? Thank you very much.

R

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 1:17 AM, kongondo said:

Demo site (frontend) is here. I'll do a write-up about it soon. The cart is htmx, Tailwind and alpine.js powered. Borrowed bits of templates here and there, threw in some Tailwind CSS components and this is what we get.

At the moment the site layout is not responsive. The problem is hidden in the footer.

<nav class="footer_nav">
				<ul class="flex justify-center space-x-10 uppercase">

To prevent horizontal scrolling on smartphones, you need to add one more element - flex-wrap.

<nav class="footer_nav">
				<ul class="flex flex-wrap justify-center space-x-10 uppercase">

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

There is a more elaborate and functional free online shop layout. It is based on UIkit 3 and other technologies.
Check it out.

Hi @Andy. Thanks for this. I have seen it before. It was recommended to me by @Jonathan Lahijani a while back. Two reasons why I didn't select it:

1. I needed a simple template for the demo.
  2. I am more comfortable with Tailwind compared to UIkit etc ?
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@kongondo where is best to submit a list of things I find. These aren't necessary issues, so didn't know if you want them submitted to Github as that's the frontend shop.

One I have in mind is that I have a product with 711 variations (ridics I know) and I know we've discussed this before with your Variations module, which is integrated into Padloper 2 in a new form. But i'm wondering if you kept the pagination feature as my variations all show as one huge list.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alexm said:

where is best to submit a list of things I find.

Hi @alexm. Pete is currently helping me with this. Hopefully this week, we'll have a 'pre-sales' forum that anyone can access. We'll use that for issues, wish list, etc. Ideally, we could have done issues in GitHub but Padloper is not an open project. 

3 hours ago, alexm said:

But i'm wondering if you kept the pagination feature as my variations all show as one huge list.

Both pagination and lazy-loading have not yet been implemented. They are high on my todo list, especially the latter.

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 3

@kongondo awesome ok. I’m keeping a little doc of bits that I pick up on which I’m hoping will be constructive.

it’s not a major issue being that I can edit the variations independently, it’s just that those master product pages with such high amounts of variations crash as one would expect.

Fantastic job I must say! I tip my hat to you sir. You deserve every success coming to you with this project! 

• Like 3