Is there a way to hide the Settings tab by role?

modifiedcontent

Is there a way to hide the Settings tab in admin/page/edit by role?

I am fine-tuning my members view. Processwire is such a nice system, so much access control by fields and templates etc. But I can't figure out how to hide the Settings tab. I want members to be able to edit their profile page, but not change the "slug", template, publication status, etc. 

Using access/roles/edit I think I can block access to 'change template' with 'revoke from: template', but the template still shows up in Settings, not editable with or without revoke - I made that unchangeable somewhere else. The slug name is editable and really shouldn't be for members.

I see there is a module for this - haven't tested yet... Is that still the way to go or is there a build-in solution?

• modifiedcontent changed the title to Is there a way to hide the Settings tab by role?

Found a solution based on @Fokke's solution from 2015. Adding the following in admin.php, before the line `require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php');` gets me the behavior I needed; Settings only shows up for the SuperUser:

function hideSettingsTab(HookEvent $event) {
	// Get the page being edited
	$page = $event->object->getPage();

if ( !wire('user')->isSuperuser() ) {
		$page->template->set('noSettings', 1);
	}
}

$wire->addHookBefore('ProcessPageEdit::buildForm', null, 'hideSettingsTab');

This solution is easy to adapt for whatever your needs are. 

• Like 3