New JCCBI website (The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated)

Spiria

https://jacquescartierchamplain.ca

The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (the Corporation), in Montreal Canada, is responsible for the Jacques Cartier Bridge, the original Champlain Bridge, the Estacade, the Île des Sœurs Bypass Bridge, the federal sections of Bonaventure Expressway and the Honoré Mercier Bridge, as well as the Melocheville Tunnel.

They asked Spiria to rethink the content of their site in Wordpress and to optimize the customer experience. The site is highly viewed as it shows live traffic status for the various structures managed by the organization. Once a work notice is registered, administrators can directly send to Mailchimp mailing lists and also post directly to Twitter, in both official languages.

Most of the coding is done in-house, but the usual modules (FormBuilder, ProCache, ProFields, SeoMaestro, WireMailSMTP, etc.) are put to work. The module TwitterLatteReplace was used for rendering the pages.

Administrators love their new experience with ProcessWire!

366790629_CleanShot2021-12-15at09_21_45.thumb.png.212281b27a12801b8343da63a0073c62.png

1910762046_CleanShot2021-12-15at09_36_16.thumb.png.af2f84634d3c3ffbf751f3748900c030.png

• Like 8

5 hours ago, szabesz said:

Hello, this is what I get currently when visiting the site:

Error 1020 Ray ID: ...xyz... • 2021-12-16 07:22:19 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Hello,

Where you attacking? ?

Website is fine here. Are you still experiencing the issue?

Same thing here. Perhaps all foreign (or european or extracontinental or something) traffic is automatically blocked?

(Which of course might be a good idea if the site gets a lot of traffic and actual users are very likely local...)

Either that, or there's a slightly overprotective set of rules in place ?

• Like 1

Just played a bit yesterday with some of my proxies and VPNs... that site from JCCBI was kind of restricted.

Right now I can access it from Germany, UK, Netherlands and Sweden. Some more exotic like Hungary, Russia, Belarus and Poland don't work.

There might be reasons for this but on the other hand it feels somehow weird.

NOT a judgement... just a feedback.

21 minutes ago, Spiria said:

We just delivered the site ?

I'm totally fine with that!

My previous feedback was just meant to be a PW-community-intern-feedback-circle of some kind. Towards you @Spiria.

I don't know anything about their (JCCBI) politics (political or legal reasons) for such a strict setup but ok.