Selector weirdness when searched value has zeroes and dots

MSP01

So I'm trying two different selector values, both values exist on page titles that are being searched.

CASE 1
title*=test_7.50

CASE 2
title*=test_7.00

CASE 1 will return all pages with test_7.50 in the title.

However

CASE 2 will return zero pages, even though there are plenty with that exact value in the title. Aside from 5 being replaced by 0, the titles and the search phrases are identical.

If I change the dot to comma, both values return pages. I was wrong on this, comma doesn't actually work any better.

Why does CASE 2 not work? I tried to do some googling, but found nothing on this. I'm assuming the search being a "phrase" and not a "word" search is part of the issue.

Yeah, the selector value is sanitized.

I actually made a small mistake in my first post. The actual problem is the trailing zero.

These don't work

CASE 1
title*=test_7.50

CASE 2
title*=test_7.00

This works

CASE 3
title*=test_7.5

So basically if you search with *= and the value ends with zero, you run into problems. Using ~= works fine, but this example is simplified and I'm actually searching for a phrase.

It looks like the numeric chars aren't seen as text but as number and gets cleaned up like trailing zeros in decimal sector have no meaning. So I bet if you have something like 7.50000 it comes out as 7.5 but 7.50001 will come out as 7.50001. 
I'm not sure if this sort of clean up (sanitizing) is done by PW or by MySQL. ??