Trying to rewrite URL's of 3rd child to be under root

Chris FP

Hi all, new to the forum and to ProcessWire. I've been spending some time looking into documentation and the available forum questions previously posted 

but I cannot seem to get it to work. I suspect it's probably a combination of the template not living off the root and that the child is 2 levels down.

Below is code I've added to _init.php

wire()->addHookBefore('Page::path', function($event) {
  $page = $event->object;
  if($page->template == 'portfolio-single-page') {
    // ensure that pages with template 'post' live off the root rather than '/posts/'
    $event->replace = true;
    $event->return = "/$page->name/";
  }
});

The structure of my page is as follows

FULL PAGE URL - /our-projects/video-commercials/aerial-photography-videography/

/our-projects/ - portfolio-page.php

/our-projects/video-commercials/ - portfolio-category-page.php

/our-projects/video-commercials/aerial-photography-videography/ - portfolio-single-page.php

Right now I want to simply remove the parents from the child url and have /our-projects/video-commercials/aerial-photography-videography/ go to /aerial-photography-videography/ (unique)

Is this possible?

hi,

even if i must say i find this a curious idea which sounds so much like a wordpress idea it hurts ? you'll find the working answer in deltavik post in the last thread you quote

more, as a visitor, i really prefer a clear url that makes me know where i am in the website structure and avoids the need of breadcrumbs disfiguring the pages ?

pw not being wp you don't have to avoid default structure url as post, portfolio and so on, you can name your pages the way you want giving your visitors a good idea of what and where they are strolling in, a better UX than a simple domain with everything not organized following (not to speak about SEO...)

have a nice day