Import batch users

manlio

Hi to everybody.

I need to import a lot of users with custom fields, all with the same password (it is for an event).

I have used in the past ImportPagesCSV module (with some "hack" to move the imported pages to the users PW admin location) and I would like to know what is the best approach for this task today. 

Admin Action module can do this?

Another doubt is how I have to write multiple roles (for the same user) into the csv file to be imported correctly?

Thank you!

Thank you BillH, I was trying it in this moment and it seems to work.

The only drawback for me is that I need to provide unique name in the CSV file and it doesn't change automatically for me.

Apart from this it works quite well.  I am still trying to make ImportCsv module work to see if it is quicker for my use case.

Thank you again!

• Like 1

Just a thought, but it would probably be quite easy to make a copy of the Import Batch Users action and amend it to handle duplicate names in whatever way you want.

It might be as straightforward as replacing the code that issues the failure message with code to loop through the array of new users and deal with duplicates.

• Thanks 1

This is a good suggestion, I never used Admin Actions and I didn't know that actions can be easily added and modified.

In the meantime I'm having success with the ImportCSV module, I just need to move the pages in the right place and than I'm fine.

For multiple roles I used the pipe "|" and it works like a charm. It's a pity that this module hasn't this feature by default. I think PW needs an easier (and maybe native) import for external users ?.

If I cannot complete I will try also your suggested route, I really appreciate your help Bill.

Thank you!