Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) (Zeile 1325 in wire/core/WireDatabaseBackup.php)

fruid

Hi people,

my client reports an issue when trying to import a CSV-file via a custom action I wrote on top of the ProcessAdminActions module.

This is the error:

Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) (Zeile 1325 in wire/core/WireDatabaseBackup.php)

I had put a copy of the whole website on a subdomain on the same productive server for testing purposes. Now I tried to upload the same CSV-file there with no issues.

We encountered this issue before I think I already reached out here, just cannot find the thread anymore. A working solution I think was to update the post_max_size etc. within the php.ini file, but that seems suboptimal, my client, who is quite tech savvy, thinks there must be a bottleneck somewhere.

Any ideas? Thanks for help!

46 minutes ago, fruid said:

A working solution I think was to update the post_max_size etc. within the php.ini file

More likely memory_limit, not post_max_size. The first thing I'd try is to uncache pages in your executeAction method, but if your database is huge (any kind of logging going on like ProcessChangelog?) upping memory_limit might be the way to go.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BitPoet said:

uncache pages in your executeAction method

how do I do that?

I do indeed use that very module ProcessChangelog. Might that be the problem? That module is actually not installed in said test environment, so it looks like that could be it. I'd love to better understand this…

Not sure if the database is huge but it will be much bigger soon once we migrated everything.

1 hour ago, fruid said:

I do indeed use that very module ProcessChangelog. Might that be the problem?

It's very likely, as this post in the module's support thread suggest:

I'm not familiar enough with ProcessChangelog (nor ProcessDatabaseBackup) to guess at the technical issue behind that, but maybe @teppo as the module's author can shed some light on it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BitPoet said:

I do indeed use that very module ProcessChangelog. Might that be the problem?

Also the use of the 404 Logger of JumpLinks module can fill up a DB drastically. There is a button available to clear that list manually.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the testing environment – subdomain, same server – I actually left the ChangeLog module active and the CSV-upload still works like a charm.

I talked to the host, they don't see any difference in the server settings on both. They put the max memory for the live server. Still doesn't work.

I compared the active modules on both installations, there is virtually no difference, in fact more modules are active on the testing environment which works fine.

I deleted the cache in the assets folder, which is pointless, I reckon.

Any help is appreciated.