Multiple views for a single page

Siddhi Jagtap

Hello All,

I am trying something here but I am not sure if its possible. I have a Gallery page(gallery.php) using the 'gallery' template. However I want two views of the Gallery page. One with the navbar and one without. Is it possible to use the same gallery page and make this work?

Thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, Siddhi Jagtap said:

Is it possible to use the same gallery page and make this work?

Yes. From your description, it sounds like you want you page to display differently depending on the view port (?) and/or device (?) it is being viewed on. In that case, you can accomplish that using CSS (apologies; I am not sure about your coding capabilities, so please, ignore me if you knew this already :-)) and JavaScript (most likely, optional).  On the other hand, if what you actually meant is you want ProcessWire to output different gallery page views depending on some condition, then the answer is a tentative yes. We'd need to know what that condition is first. Maybe you could explain your use case? My feeling though is that you are referring to client-side conditions as opposed to server-side.

21 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Yes. From your description, it sounds like you want you page to display differently depending on the view port (?) and/or device (?) it is being viewed on. In that case, you can accomplish that using CSS (apologies; I am not sure about your coding capabilities, so please, ignore me if you knew this already :-)) and JavaScript (most likely, optional).  On the other hand, if what you actually meant is you want ProcessWire to output different gallery page views depending on some condition, then the answer is a tentative yes. We'd need to know what that condition is first. Maybe you could explain your use case? My feeling though is that you are referring to client-side conditions as opposed to server-side.

I basically want to output one view for our website and then use another view(without navbars and stuff) for our app. We will just be linking the URL of the second view to our app.