Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/GF_website/admin/wire/core/FileCompiler.php

Siddhi Jagtap

Hello All,

I have been getting this warning at the top of every page of my website since yesterday. 

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/GF_website/admin/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/GF_website/admin/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 400

All was fine until then and it suddenly started popping up. Though I am able to publish and delete things from the Processwire admin panel, none of the changes I make to any of the .php files of my site are reflecting. I suppose it is due to failure to compile the file. Any help is appreciated since I am a newbie to Processwire and still trying to figure things out.

Hello,

In the backend, you can go to Modules > Site, there is a "Clear Compiled Files" button at the bottom of the page.

Or you could try by directly removing the content inside site/assets/cache/ (or perhaps just inside site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/).

Edit: there is also https://processwire.com/modules/process-cache-control/.

Edited by Christophe
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 6:48 AM, Siddhi Jagtap said:

Hello All,

I have been getting this warning at the top of every page of my website since yesterday. 

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/GF_website/admin/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/GF_website/admin/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 400

All was fine until then and it suddenly started popping up. Though I am able to publish and delete things from the Processwire admin panel, none of the changes I make to any of the .php files of my site are reflecting. I suppose it is due to failure to compile the file. Any help is appreciated since I am a newbie to Processwire and still trying to figure things out.

surely, try to clean your cache