[SOLVED] Max upload size is 2M, regardless of php.ini setting ( 8M )

e5an

Trying to upload files on the backend:

'Field is too big - maximum allowed size is 2048 kb'

I found that it's supposed to be using ini_get('post_max_size') to get this value.

When I print the value of ini_get('post_max_size') , it says '8M' which I confirmed is the limit it is set to in the php.ini, which I confirmed is the correct php.ini with phpinfo().

I also tried putting the line 'php_value upload_max_filesize 10M' at the end of the .htaccess in the processwire folder. This did nothing.

I really need to be able to upload larger files, so I really need to know where this 2MB limit is coming from and how to change it but I am out of ideas.

What's the value of upload_max_filesize in php.ini, and is your web server Apache or nginx? Asking because...

• upload_max_filesize limits the maximum size of any single file (post_max_size is the maximum size of entire request), and
  • if you're running on nginx then there may be other directives (such as client_max_body_size) that also affect this.

I also tried putting the line 'php_value upload_max_filesize 10M' at the end of the .htaccess in the processwire folder.

Depending on server config this may not work at all. If you have access to php.ini, that's definitely more likely to work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• kongondo changed the title to [SOLVED] Max upload size is 2M, regardless of php.ini setting ( 8M )