Error: Exception: Unable to obtain lock for session

nbcommunication

Hi,

I upgraded 100+ sites to the latest master on Friday, and we've gotten the following error email notification from a few of them over the weekend:

Umm… Error: Exception: Unable to obtain lock for session (retry in 30s) (in processwire/wire3/modules/Session/SessionHandlerDB/SessionHandlerDB.module line 96) 
User: ?, Version: 3.0.184

This is a new error, added in the latest master release: https://github.com/processwire/processwire/commit/7a2ff6c15dde8f6768676181bfbeeaefe4761b0b#diff-4c158c18e5f331d4e9ff8b27eff8ae2c4cd34d16f6d0f2b427aa36791637c64f

The session lock time is set to 50 seconds, I think this is the default, so I suspect the issue is on our end with our databases/server(s). 

I'm going to investigate further and try and figure out the issue and will update here if/when I do.

If anyone else has come across this or has any more info, please let me know!

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

can confirm same behaviour. Disabling TracyDebugger helps.

Fatal error: Exception: Unable to obtain lock for session (retry in 30s) (in xxx/wire/modules/Session/SessionHandlerDB/SessionHandlerDB.module line 96) #0 [internal function]: ProcessWire\SessionHandlerDB->read('836ab08de536179...') #1 xxx/wire/core/Session.php(327): session_start(Array) #2 xxx/wire/core/Wire.php(413): ProcessWire\Session->___init() #3 xxx/wire/core/WireHooks.php(952): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___init', Array) #4 xxx/wire/core/Wire.php(484): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\Session), 'init', Array) #5 xxx/wire/core/Session.php(205): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('init', Array) #6 xxx/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(581): ProcessWire\Session->__construct(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessWire)) #7 xxx/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(315): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->load(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #8 xxx/index.php(52): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->__construct(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #9 {main} in xxx/index.php on line 64

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Any news on this? I was also having this problem for a while now and disabling TracyDebugger helped a little, but the error messages still find their way to my mailbox. This is happening on a virtual server running PHP 8.1.27 and mariaDB 10.11.4 with PW 3.0.229.