Additional default permissions

Nico Knoll

Nico, can you provide any examples of what kind of permission/roles would be beneficial in your use cases? I am not keen on complicating permission stuff just because there is only 9 default permissions (I think it is great to have just few).

• Like 1

I agree Nico. However, perhaps this could be managed in a different way?

It seems that a lot of the ProcessWire permissions are tied into the actual templates - hiding the true level of flexibility. Well, maybe the site templates should also be listed under 'Access -> Roles -> [Role]' with the ability to change permissions for those templates within the roles page (as well as the current way they are handled per template).

Below is a screenshot of how Drupal handles permissions across its nodes (content types / templates) in one single screen for each role (columns in the table):

post-292-0-03342400-1358791625_thumb.png

I think that this would be a usability gain for site administrators.

• Like 1

I also mentioned previously that it might be more relevant to be able to set permissions on a section of pages, so it might be good to be able to click on a page called News, tick "apply to all children" and then go down a list and tick what permissions are relevant in a sort of matrix list.

I think I explained that better in another thread with more relevant scenarios, but can't find it just now :)

The problem with any of this is that it varies so much between sites as to how you would want to set it up.