if else and nothing

kaz

I need an if else or if or else to check the following:

There is a field aside in each page. A simple info field where you can store info "We are on vacation …". The content is displayed only on this page. Next, there is a settings_aside field in the Global Settings, which is displayed on all pages.

The fields are called this way:

<?php if ($page->aside) {
include('views/blocks/block-sidebar.php');
}
else {
include('views/blocks/block-sidebar-settings.php');
}; ?>

I want, if no field is filled, then nothing is displayed. If both fields has content, the aside field on this page takes precedence. On all other pages the settings_aside content is displayed.

block-sidebar.php

<div class="uk-card card-bg uk-padding-small uk-margin-small-bottom">
    <h6 class="uk-margin-remove uk-text-uppercase uk-text-normal" style="letter-spacing: 1px; margin-bottom: .5rem !important;"><span uk-icon="icon: info"></span> Aktuelles</h6>
    <?=page()->aside?>
</div>

block-sidebar-settings.php

<h6 class="uk-margin-remove uk-text-uppercase uk-text-normal" style="letter-spacing: 1px; margin-bottom: .5rem !important;"><span uk-icon="icon: info"></span> Aktuelles</h6>
    <?php echo $pages->get('1032')->settings_aside; ?>
</div>

Roughly it works, but unfortunately not 100 %. Unfortunately the h6 of the templates are displayed. That means I would have to query the headlines via if else with the fields (!?). Just where? In the templates, or in the first if/else query?

There are probably as many ways of doing this as there are people who use ProcessWire, but this is how I would do it based on what I understand of your set-up.

On the template:

<?php
// Just include one partial here (the HTML code in 'block-sidebar' and 'block-sidebar-settings' appears identical)
?>

Now in "block-sidebar.php"

<?php
$aside = page()->aside; // first get the current page aside

if ($aside === "") {
	// If the current page aside is empty, try and get the settings aside
	$aside = $pages->get('1032')->settings_aside;
}
?>

<?php 
// Only show the entire block of code if $aside is not empty (if neither the current page nor settings have content)
if ($aside !== "") : ?>
    <?=$aside?>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kaz said:

The fields are called this way:

<?php if ($page->aside) {
} else {
	include('views/blocks/block-sidebar-settings.php');
}; ?>

Not that I have anything to add to LMD's solution, but the shortest answer to your question is this: All you're missing is a condition on the else.

} else if ($pages->get('1032')->settings_aside) {

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LMD said:

There are probably as many ways of doing this as there are people who use ProcessWire, but this is how I would do it based on what I understand of your set-up.

@LMD In one template, that's a great solution. Thanks a lot for this, it works perfect.

• Like 1