ProcessPageLister - Viewing selected bookmark

cryostar

I have a custom admin page which uses a ProcessPageLister module. I was already able to enable adding and modifying bookmarks by creating an ___executeEditBookmark() function on my admin module. The only thing left is to view said bookmark in the same Lister. What I noticed is that the "View" link contains an additional path which appears to be the token for said bookmark (so it's /my-admin-module/somerandomtokenstring). How do I catch this one? When I click on the View link it shows an "unrecognized path" error.

Thank you for the help! ?

10 hours ago, cryostar said:

I have a custom admin page which uses a ProcessPageLister module.

When you say "uses", do you mean your module extends ProcessPageLister? If not that would probably be the simplest approach because then bookmarks will work out-of-the-box.

Here's a bare-bones example:

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

class ProcessListerExtend extends ProcessPageLister {

/**
	 * Module information
	 */
	public static function getModuleinfo() {
		return array(
			'title' => 'Lister Extend',
			'summary' => 'An example of a module that extends ProcessPageLister',
			'version' => '0.1.0',
			'author' => 'Robin S',
			'icon' => 'search-plus',
			'requires' => 'ProcessWire>=3.0.0, PHP>=5.4.0',
			'page' => array(
				'name' => 'lister-extend',
				'title' => 'Lister Extend',
				'parent' => 'setup',
			),
			'useNavJSON' => true,
		);
	}

/**
	 * Init
	 * Load the CSS and JS assets for ProcessPageLister rather than needing to duplicate them in this module's folder
	 */
	public function init() {
		$this->wire()->modules->loadModuleFileAssets('ProcessPageLister');
		parent::init();
	}

/**
	 * Install
	 * Call Process::install() to automatically create the admin page for the process on install
	 * This is needed here because ProcessPageLister overrides with an empty install() method
	 */
	public function ___install() {
		Process::___install();
	}

/**
	 * Uninstall
	 * Call Process::uninstall to automatically removes the admin page for the process on uninstall
	 * This is needed here because ProcessPageLister overrides with an empty uninstall() method
	 */
	public function ___uninstall() {
		Process::___uninstall();
	}

}

Wherever you need to modify a method of ProcessPageLister you can create a corresponding method in your module to override it, and you can make use of parent::methodName() within your method if you just want to add something to the ProcessPageLister method.

Edited by Robin S
Simplifies the module by calling the grandparent Process methods directly.

By “uses” I meant on my custom admin page I have an ___execute() method which gets the ProcessPageLister and renders it.

My problem is I cannot seem to view the bookmark because the path is not recognized by my admin page (it directs me to /my-custom-admin-page/sometokenstringherefromlister).

I’m not sure how extending the lister would help in my custom admin page on recognizing a random string as its path.

Thank you for the help still, though. ?