Natetronn

I noticed there is a file named index.config.php in /wire which is the "ProcessWire multi-domain configuration file" and I'm wondering if this is for multiple PW sites similar to WP Multisite or EE MSM or am I confusing it with Multi Environment setups.

For example if I wanted to have a local, dev, staging, live/production multi environment setup would this be the file to use? Where all the domains, paths, db settings would most likely different from enviro to enviro?

It looks like this is in fact for setting up multi-environments now that I read and understand what's taking place. The fact that it's called mulit domain is throwing me off a little, however and why I wanted to double check I guess.

Is there anything to worry about with these types of setups in regards to paths or does PW handle all that for us and we just need to worry about setting up things per the instructions in the file? Any gotchas in other words?

this file is for setting multiple websites with a single wire folder. you point all the domains to the same ip, and create a "site-something" folder for each of them. then you just have to list the domains in that file and pair them with the correspondent folder.

• Like 1

This one is kind of hidden in the docs... 

This is one of the reasons I found I hadn't read some of the docs until last weekend, and I've been using the software for 18 months now :D

To be fair though, I so rarely need to look at the docs and I think that's part of the reason I've only just found some things hidden away there!

Thanks for the replies!

@ryan, I did look that over actually (don't remember how I found it as it is hidden, you're right.)

I'm not worried so much about multi-site per se rather multi environment so I can dev on my local machine and use things like Git (version control) and Beanstalk to deploy up to dev/stage/live servers.

I think the file I mentioned will actually allow this though, I haven't tested it yet and currently don't have free time to try it though, will soon.

Thanks!