Switched Dedicated server to Alma Linux and now "This request was aborted because it appears to be forged." Happens

Mont

Hello, 

Running many processwire 3.0.164 installations and recently I had to update my CentOS to AlmaLinux 8.4.  After switching operating systems I cannot login in via backend or Login Register Pro Modules on the sites.  I updated the permissions for /site/config.php to 755 and then 777 with still no luck.  

This is the error

AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/motatria/public_html/wire/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.html,index.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

Any ideas? 

It looks like some of my installations were not up to date.  I am currently updating two installations to 3.0.165 manually.

Edited by Mont
added error message and Update info

Seems to be a misconfiguration on the webserver given it's trying to open /home/motatria/public_html/wire and in turn /home/motatria/public_html/wire/index.php as directory indexes are disabled. ProcessWire's entry point index.php is one folder up.

• Like 1

Thanks Kobrakai,

Yes it is a misconfiguration on the webserver.  I am going back through my documentation over the years to see what I missed, MOD Security Exemption and Zip Archive are the glaring ones I missed.

UPDATE:  

The culprit turned out to be the session.save_path which was not updated to reflect the new php setting.  Corrected save path to right version of PHP and all works.  I appreciate the help.  Thank you all.

• Like 1