German Community Site/Blog/whatever

thomassausen

...I would have thought that a "national" PW user group (should it ever get established) might seek to secure and use domains like processwire.de/.es etc.

I already secured .co.uk so we're set :)

• Like 2

However, for *local* user-groups locality obviously becomes an issue and is, perhaps, better solved by such groups as they organize themselves anyway. In such cases, I would have thought that a "national" PW user group (should it ever get established) might seek to secure and use domains like processwire.de/.es etc.

Perhaps we could do something similar to Textpattern's forum? They have an International section with subforums for each language. The vast majority of discussion is in the English forums but having the language specific forums there does allow for conversations in other languages when needed.

I think you're right here. Organising local groups, independent of language-specific PW subdomains, on a per country basis seems the way to go. The Textpattern forum example is very relevant and worth considering. It could serve as a source of inspiration for our case.

We could indeed put puppies on it. I think it should also run on Wordpress too :ph34r:
How about Mambo?

They still have people on their forums telling people they should still use it!

Nah, sorry guys, but my vote has to go for Joomla! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

strip the words.

as my marketing teacher said, keep it simple and strong. 

Means: as little words possible to tell your story.

Try to write about 3 sentences with about 3-5 words maximum in the head. 

But so far you get a +1 from my part ;)

• Like 1

Well I'm not a fan of the current texts to but I just tried to translate the original text as good as possible. Because at 4 a.m. I'm not the greatest writer ;)

But I'm open for better ideas. If it's ready I will create a account for you if you want :)

but who wants to read a wall of text visiting the page the first time? (in the first 500pixels)

Well that's what processwire.com is for. :) de.processwire.com is for those that want to read about ProcessWire in German. I'm guessing people would still find out about PW from processwire.com first, and go to de.processwire.com to read about it in German. So it probably does make sense for the DE site to at least be a little more copy oriented than the main site, simply because that's the underlying purpose (native language). But my comment was really more just humor, brevity is an asset regardless of language.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose Pete, myself and the other Britons should start working on the British version of the site.

It will be particularly genteel. be full of really obscure references to concepts like "colour" and "through" and take tea breaks between pages...

• Like 2