Webflow experts... I might want to talk

wbmnfktr

We all know webflow for one or another reason.

While some of us (like me) aren't  real fans of those zero-code tools but... they are still quite charming of some kind.
At least you can build prototypes quite fast and play around with a lot of different things which take lots of time without webflow - like animations and such.

So... my questions goes into another direction.
Here we go:

Is webflow capable of connecting to an external data source aka database aka ProcessWire JSON/API/GraphQL instance?

I looked up several topics in their forums but... it's either way too late, the search was wrong, or webflow is not capable of such things.
I'm confused as I thought and maybe even remember an announcement that advertised exactly that feature.

Can you guys either enlighten me or direct me to a topic of that kind?

I don't work with webflow, but I don't think you can call an API from the webflow server. You could probably call it from AJAX, but that wouldn't make much sense for the whole website. It seems to me that you have two options: Build the site in webflow and export the html to use in ProcessWire, or use their API to sync data between ProcessWire and their CMS. Honestly, both options seem expensive to me, since you won't be taking full advantage of the system.

• Like 2

Thanks @diogo, the export function is already in place within a project but it's still a lot of work going that route. So much to clean up afterwards. I looked into the API but that wasn't exactly what I thought I remembered and searched a bit more. I stumbled over Webflow Pages for WordPress which is fairly close but the other way around - Webflow in a CMS. Quite nice but still not I was looking and hoping for.

@AndZykthe CMS is actually quite nice for small projects as far as I was told and what I have seen. The project I'm working on right now has so much data entries (events, bands, locations, and such) and the client is already a bit frustrated with only a few sample datasets. Therefore we looked into other options and... here we are. 

For now I will just spend my time cleaning up those export files and do the rest in ProcessWire.

Thank you guys!

• 1 year later...

My new module PAGEGRID can be a good alternative to website builders like Pinegrow or Webflow. This way you don't have to convert your design to ProcessWire templates and can design and edit pages directly in the backend.

• Like 3