Make files from files field available to all CKEditor fields

DrQuincy

If you have a Files field in the same template as a Textarea CKEditor field when you insert a link you can link to any of the files uploaded to the aforementioned files field. The same goes for Images fields and inserting images.

Is there a way to have a central Files field as part of say a document-storage template and have all files uploaded here available to all Textarea CKEditor fields regardless of what template they are on?

In searching for an answer I found Media Manager, which looks interesting. But I wondered if there was a way within the Processwire core to do this. I know I could make each file a page and that could be selected from CKEditor and then I do something in my code to read the file but was more interested in linking directly to the file in this instance.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, DrQuincy said:

Is there a way to have a central Files field as part of say a document-storage template and have all files uploaded here available to all Textarea CKEditor fields regardless of what template they are on?

Technically files on any page are available to link to on any other page. You use the "Select Page" field to choose the page that holds the file you want to link to and then select a file from that page.

2021-06-29_193255.png.586c42db9f389f4601b612c696980bab.png

But to make it quicker to select files from one or more special "library" pages there is this handy module: https://processwire.com/modules/media-library/

• Like 2

You use the "Select Page" field to choose the page that holds the file you want to link to and then select a file from that page.

Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees, thanks! ?

Thanks, also for module you linked to, that looks great.

You seem to crop up the minute I ask a question here; I most owe you a fair few beers by now. ?

• Like 1