ProcessWire conference, Switzerland (central europe)

Soma

Hey guys of central europe and near Switzerland.

Any interest in doing a conference/meeting in Switzerland, this year or any time in the near future? 

I was thinking about a location in Zurich.

Event if it's just to meat and eat, drink and have some fun.

• Like 11

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m in as well. But: what about a country with the EURO as currency? You guys in Switzerland are nearly the only ones around Central Europe with "Franken", so I‘ve heard... ;)

Greetings,

I stayed in Switzerland for a couple of weeks years ago when I worked for a company called Gretag (headquartered in Regnsdorf). I don't think, however, I can make it to this event!

If Soma puts on any instructional seminars, please share the video footage with the forum!

Thanks,

Matthew

Greetings,

Yes, unfortunately, Gretag is gone. I lived througn its demise. They were a good example of what happens when a company refuses to change with the times. They made film-developing machines. When it was clear that film was finished Gretag stuck with it. I remember at one of our final company meetings one of the executives saying that they will not transition to digital because film is better and people will always want what's better.

But Gretag is where I made my first "web sites." In 1999, I began building a distributed online help system for their machines. That's when I started using "Macromedia" Fireworks!

That was my best non-independent jobs ever. And I really enjoyed traveling to Switzerland. I remember being impressed by how orderly everyone was, that dogs were allowed in restaurants, and the fact that all the clocks in the subways were synchronized.

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
Inspired by @apesia recent post about a meetup in Finland, I thought I would try and reignite this thread and set a date for some sort of PW meetup in Switzerland.

No need to call it a conference, just a very casual meetup to talk about experiences with Processwire and ideas for the future. We only need a few people - it could just be me and @soma. In fact the whole reason I wanted to have a meetup is to actually meet the real person behind that alien avatar so I can dispel my suspicions that he is not just an alter ego of Ryan.

Open to having micro talks if anyone is interested - possible topics could be about best practices or case studies of projects you have worked on.

Have a few possibilities for locations to host the meetup in Basel. 

Also open to meeting in other cities nearby like Bern or Zurich depedning on the amount of people and interest. 

Have setup a Doodle to get an idea of possible dates - thinking sometime in March (not during the Basel Fasnacht carnival!). Please vote on the Doodle if any of these dates work :

• Like 5