Adding a field to a page

Iraklis

Hey everyone, the company I work for uses processwire in order to manage their sales. I want to mention here that the developer of the site is out of reach so I am on my own. 

I've been trying to add a new select option in a field category but that is not being reflected in the frontend. I thought I could do edit the details and add "10:=prod 10" but I think there's more to that. The previous developer had created a template for each selection option but I can't find where he's linked the select option to each template. Is there is something I am missing?

This is my first time using processwire so I'm really new to this experience.

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 14.54.03.png

Hi Iraklis, and welcome to the forums!

I can't entirely figure out what's going on from your description, but here's some information that may give you a foothold.

PW has two types of field ("fieldtypes") for selection options, and it sounds as if you may be dealing with the second of these:

• Select Options, where the options available are defined on the Details tab of the field definition.
  • Page Reference, where each option is set up as a page, and you select the page. The page could be a page that appears on the site, but it could be something as simple as a name (e.g. the name of a country) used only as an option for selection (and doesn't appear as a page on the site). This seems a little odd at first, but it's a powerful and flexible way of doing things! You'd find the pages somewhere in the page tree, either under Admin or somewhere else - e.g. you might have Value Lists > Countries > Afghanistan etc.

To find out which type of field you're dealing with: Setup > Fields > Your field > Basics tab > Type.

To find out what template a page is using: Your page > Edit > Settings > Template.

You'll find template files in Site > Templates.

Let us know if you need further help.

• Like 3