AdminStyleRock - easily style your ProcessWire backend with two simple settings

bernhard

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @bernhard installed Less module and then AdminStyleRock but when I submit the "Primary Color" field I'm getting the following fatal error:

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function forceRecompile() on null in C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\modules\AdminStyleRock\AdminStyleRock.module.php:168

#0 C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\modules\AdminStyleRock\AdminStyleRock.module.php(123): AdminStyleRock->iframe(Object(InputfieldWrapper))
#1 C:\laragon\www\mysite\wire\core\Modules.php(4112): AdminStyleRock->getModuleConfigInputfields(Object(InputfieldWrapper))
#2 C:\laragon\www\mysite\wire\core\Wire.php(419): Modules->___getModuleConfigInputfields('AdminStyleRock', Object(InputfieldForm))
#3 C:\laragon\www\mysite\wire\core\WireHooks.php(952): Wire->_callMethod('___getModuleCon...', Array)
#4 C:\laragon\www\mysite\wire\core\Wire.php(484): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(Modules), 'getModuleConfig...', Array)
#5 C:\laragon\www\mysite\wire\modules\Process\ProcessModule\ProcessModule.module(1680): Wire->__call('getModuleConfig.. (line 168 of C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\modules\AdminStyleRock\AdminStyleRock.module.php)

3 hours ago, bernhard said:

Hey @PWaddict thx for the report. I had a look and you just need to install RockFrontend to make it work. Not sure if we really need that dependency just for this single feature but as a quickfix that is what you can do 😉 

Since it wasn't working, I've uninstalled AdminStyleRock and followed the instructions from here. You should mention somewhere on AdminStyleRock module or it's page that specific field to work requires the RockFrontend module to prevent confusion.

• Like 1

Thanks for educating me on how I should develop my free and open source modules 🙂 

I hope you don't mind that I went a different route and added a check if RockFrontend is installed or not. Everything works without RockFrontend now as of v.1.0.6

Thx for spotting and reporting that issue.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm working on improving the RockPageBuilder config page and added toggle buttons instead of checkboxes as they are a lot more intuitive (especially if you have default=yes toggles, where you'd need to use a negative meaning with checkboxes, eg "dont use the widgets feature" vs. "use widgets feature yes/no"

The default toggle looks like this in ProcessWire:

INLAovU.png

There it is not really obvious which value is selected. Is the grey one the active item or the shiny white one?

I think this is much better:

V0x3NFt.png

So I'm wondering if that should be a global default for toggles in AdminStyleRock - what do you think?

• Like 1