Interactions with Upgrades and Lister Pro breaks functionality

Kiwi Chris

When Tracy is enabled, the latest Upgrades module doesn't display the list of modules installed/available for upgrade, and with Lister Pro, pagination doesn't work.

Disabling Tracy results in these modules working fine.

Sorry @Kiwi Chris - I haven't experienced either of these issues on any of my sites. The upgrades module now requires clicking the refresh button to show available updates - an annoying change IMO, but Tracy doesn't affect anything here. As for the Lister Pro pagination, I have no idea what might be causing that. Can you please test on a different site and see if you can reproduce the problem and if not maybe see if there might be something else contributing?

Thanks @Robin S - I tested with all panels activated before posting my last comment, so I don't think it's a panel issue, although of course there are a lot of extra panel settings, so maybe there is something turned on for @Kiwi Chris that I don't have on. @Kiwi Chris - can you try with the minimal set of panels to see if that helps?

• Like 1

Thanks @Robin S In the JS browser console, I get an error relating to a service worker I have registered for the site, so that might have something to do with it.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to execute 'fetch' on 'WorkerGlobalScope': Cannot construct a Request with a Request object that has already been used.

Strangely, both modules were working just now, but I logged out and back in and they both stopped working again.

The upgrades module never gets past the continue button to load the latest versions of modules, and Lister Pro does nothing when clicking on pages.

Disabling Tracy from the Tracy bar at the bottom of the screen without logging out, they both work as expected again.

I don't actually want or need the service worker running when on the site admin, so I'll see if I can change its scope so it's only associated with the public part of the site and see if that makes any different.

Just checked. Yes it's still there, but pagination works in Lister Pro.

I've just tested on another site, and there are no console errors, but pagination doesn't work in Lister Pro with Tracy enabled, but does with it disabled.

I still don't think it's an issue with Tracy, but rather because of the weird way the core Tracy files are loaded it's causing the error to have more impacts. I think if you solve the error, Tracy won't impact the Upgrades module or Lister pagination anymore. 

I think I've located the culprits. Debug mode and Request info panels both seem to trigger the behaviour. I disabled all panels, and then started enabling them one at a time.

With either of these panels enabled I get the behaviour, but otherwise things work as expected. 

Just testing on the other site. Results seem a bit different, in this case Tracy Logs also triggered the behaviour.

Oops! Second site was on older version of Tracy. Upgrading to latest got pagination working with Lister Pro with Tracy Logs enabled.

Whatever has changed with that panel between versions might give a clue as to why the other two are causing issues.

There have been two changes to the Tracy Logs panel since 2019.

This first one resulted in an "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input" error for Zeka, and the second one fixed that. I couldn't ever reproduce it though and don't really understand why he was seeing the error - my guess is maybe something to do with the way I am caching the results for the logs panel and maybe some DB encoding / escaping issues?

https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/commit/98fae74bcdb5e993d20f9fda37133c7979f39698#diff-6da6812cc20e34e30fb779775ef23d7cf2b15469ac373d4109480dd3c231c787

https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/commit/81f3b427defabeb218b7a089432fe2e8c36be93c#diff-6da6812cc20e34e30fb779775ef23d7cf2b15469ac373d4109480dd3c231c787