Forum Upgrades

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete said:

I think we need to setup ElasticSearch for the search index

This sounds amazing! The forum search has always been a bit unhelpful (to say the least) — if this will make it better overall, it's a welcome addition ?

• Like 3

Yep, it's a pity that such a treasury of knowledge does not have a good search. I think nobody, who has been here for more than a couple of months, searches anything but restricted areas with the built-in search. Everybody uses google CSE of their own or the one in Tracy Debugger. So upgrading in this area would be just awesome. In-built google search would be perfect, as it has all the clever logic, but it wouldn't work for pro modules sections and other restricted areas. If choosing our own search engine I would suggest to take a look at Sphinx search, as it could be easier to setup, than Elastic.

• Like 3

I personally don't think that forum search is bad - it's quite flexible, you can search with AND and OR logical operators on words, search in different topics and forums, choose whether to search in titles and body or in titles only. What can be improved is searching synonyms for words like Google does, i.e. when we search for "teapot", we also should get results for "kettle".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Pete

Most likely this is a common problem for Invision board.
The subscription letter comes in two formats - text and html.
Everything is correct in html, but the link in the text is broken.

As example:

Go to this Post:
https://processwire.com/talk/topic/14921-admin-actions/?do=findComment&comment=217821

No need mask ampersand here.

Go to this Post:
https://processwire.com/talk/topic/14921-admin-actions/?do=findComment&comment=217821

• 11 months later...
6 hours ago, flydev ?? said:

dark-mode

I've been successfully using Dark Reader for years, with these settings (Filter+ is need for my Mac so that coping text still results in the original colors, not the changed ones of the view):

image.png.a942d310f31cd7596492f55729d3b797.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, szabesz said:

I've been successfully using Dark Reader for years, with these settings (Filter+ is need for my Mac so that coping text still results in the original colors, not the changed ones of the view):

image.png.a942d310f31cd7596492f55729d3b797.png

The extension look cool and will install it on Windows, but its not available for Chrome iOS :( 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was there a faulty update @Pete?

Avatars no longer show up for me, Unicode emojis no longer work, and ProFields downloads don't work either. 😞 

/edit: 24. Oct - Avatars are Working again, Profield Downloads not:

<Error>
<Code>InvalidObjectState</Code>
<Message>The operation is not valid for the object's storage class</Message>

But Some Attachments & Avatars are not working, Example:
https://processwire.com/talk/topic/24189-pageviewstatistic-for-processwire/#comment-205221

/edit 25. Oct - Avatars, Attachments and Downloads are working again 😉 Thanks

• Like 4