psy

[resolved] Images < 10Kb do not upload

I've searched, and maybe missed, the solution. I have a 'normal' images field and uploading images with a file size greater than 10Kb is fine. Any image size smaller results in the never-ending spinner and no upload.

No min/max width/height set on image uploads in admin, ie just the defaults.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Using:

PW: 3.0.175
PHP: 7.3

Marking it as "Resolved" rather than "Solved" as it auto-magically fixed itself. No idea whether PW, PHP, or just an internet hiccough... All good now 🤞

Does the dev console give no hints?

Anything in the server logs? $config->debug on?

Thanks for the suggestions. Putting it down to a 'who knows?' Nothing changed and all  small images that failed yesterday uploaded fine today. That's net-life for you! LOL

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By skeltern
      WebP image support is great and works fine. But once created I've issues to get rid of all API generated WebP variations.
      The backend image field variations "Delete" works and I can remove all variations JPEG plus WebP. Image list is clean but all WebP API variations are still stored in file system (for instance files/12345/84.900x675.webp etc). I can only use ImageSizer with temp 'force' option to request fresh WebP variations or have to delete WebP files from folders. No other way so far. Tested with 2 sites and latest master PW 3.0.165.
      Is there somewhere a "magic button" or config/setup thing to solve my sticky WebP issue?
    • By totoff
      Dear all,
      tomorrow I'll have to introduce some editors on how to upload and edit images in image fields in Processwire. The site in question is quite image rich and I've spent some time to serve the appropriate images via scrcset already cropped for different screen sizes.
      However, the backend offers a lot of possibilities to manipulate images and most of them I'm not familiar with because as a developer I've never spent much thinking on what all the features might be good for … Yet I'm concerned that my editors work on images in the backend may interfere with my optimization strategies in the templates.
      Is there a general rule of thumb what content editors should do or not do with images in order not to break srcset strategies etc.? Maybe there is already a source of information you could point me to?
      Your recommendations are much appreciated!
    • By totoff
      Dear all,
      I'm upgrading an older side with the new custom fields for images feature as of 3.0.142. My image field is set to "Automatic" and holds a bunch of images together with their respective description on each page. New custom fields include "caption" among others and to make my live easier I I'm trying to populate "caption" with the value from the (default) description field. But unfortunately I can't seem to find out how to save the newly set values. This is my code:
      <?php foreach (page()->images as $image) { $image->set('caption', $image->description); bd($image->caption); echo files()->render("markup/views/view-card-image-fancybox.php", array('image'=>$image)); } ?> <?php $page->save(); bd($page->save()); ?> This sets the value as intended (see screenshot) but doesn't save it permanently to the database. What am I doing wrong?
      Thanks!

• By dalibor
      I'm using hook for retrieving data from image metadata (IPTC) after image upload and filling them to some fields. When I choose server-side image resize, everything works well. But when I use client-side resize (which si much faster and client comfortable  - it uses PWImageResizer.js) image metadata are lost during resizing - I have downloaded the file after resize and checked for EXIF, IPTC etc. and they are not present.  Using PW 3.0.165. Tried to look into PWImageResizer.js but uhh it's too javascreepy to me:) 
    • By fruid
      I'm using custom fields for images (as mentioned here: processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.142) for a specific images-field, the images of which need to have an HTML-caption. It works fine so far. Now I'm trying to import pages that use this field. I first exported some pages of that kind to see what the spreadsheet would look like. It seems to not separate the captions for each images but instead put all images in one cell and all captions in another.
      How could I go about importing these pages and assign the captions to the images accordingly?