Hook, get .png file from file field and upload it to image field

picarica

So hello i am trying to get a .png file from file field and put it automatically to image field, why png image is in the file field is because i already have a hook that extracts .zip and uploads all content into file field, but i just realizes i cant use size() function on image in file field so i am tryin got reupload it to images field

i already have something like  this in ready.php

$word = ".png";
    foreach($page->subor_hry as $file) {
        if(strpos($file, $word) !== false){
      		$page->images_thumb = $file->url;
        }
    }    

by my logic it should work but it dosnt i get error ProcessPageEdit: Unable to read: /site-hry/assets/files/1027/flash_fishy_screenshot.png

when i remove url from $file->url i just get ProcessPageEdit: Item added to ProcessWire\Pageimages is not an allowed type

so what am i doing wrong? is there some other way to do this ?
also can i have all this in

$this->addHookAfter('Pages::saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) {

whats the correct function to have it apply on all pages ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By nuel
      Hi
      I'm working with PW for some time now, but – please don't laugh – never used hooks.
      I have 200 – 300 subpages with the template 'artist', the title of each page represents the full name, sometimes John Doe, sometimes John Emmet Brown Doe. I want to auto-populate the field 'artist_last_name' with the word that is most likely the last name, the last word of the page title. If there are more names, it can be changed manually. I need this for easier and quicker alphabetical sorting.
      What I put together is this, in ready.php. Doesn't work. Again, I'm new to hooks..
      <?php     $wire->addHookBefore('Pages::saved', function(HookEvent $event) {     $p = $event->arguments('page');     if($p->template != 'artist') return;     if($p->artist_last_name) return;     $ln = end(explode(' ', $p->title));     $p->set('artist_last_name',$ln);     }); ?> In the best case this would be done once globally without having to open and save every page. But new pages should populate the field on page save.
      Thanks for your help, I think it's easy, I just need a push..
      Nuél
    • By rooofl
      Hi! I am trying to create a hook that takes the value of a form file field, and add it to an image gallery of an existing page.
      $forms->addHookBefore('FormBuilderProcessor::processInputDone', function($e) { $form = $e->arguments(0); if($form->name == 'new-inuse') { // related_font is a page selector $font = $form->getChildByName('related_font'); // getting the page name $fontName = $font->attr('value')->name; // finds the page from its name $fontPage = wire('pages')->find("name=$fontName"); // in_use_image is a file upload field $image = $form->getChildByName('in_use_image'); // trying to add the image to the existing image gallery in_use field $fontPage->in_use->add('$image'); // error here $fontPage->save(); } }); This outputs the following error: `Call to a member function add() on null`. Any idea what’s wrong with my code?
    • By picarica
      so what i am trying to do is that i uploded some files into file field, and then i want hook to get MD5sum and other stuff from .xml and put it into text field into it coresponding pages, pages like this are gonna be many, for each one i want it to output it into its fields
    • By Paul Greinke
      Hi there. I wrote a custom module for one of my projects. In fact I maybe want to use my module in other projects too. In order to be variable and customizable  I need to implement some custom hooks into my module. So I can afterwards hook into the my functions in order to modify them to match the needs of the new project.
      I tried simply defining functions with the '__' prefix. But that did not work. I'm imagining something like the following:
      <?php class MyClass { public function ___someFunction() { // Do something } } // ready.php $this->addHookBefore('MyClass::someFunction', function($event) { // some customization }); Is there a way to accomplish that? 
    • By picarica
      Hello so am trying to make a hook so that all checkbox field is defaul;ty checked when making new page, soo i made hook in init.php and the contents are
      <?php $wire->addHookAfter("Pages::added", function($event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); // check for page template if necessary here $page->checkboxfield('check', 1); }); ?> and what i get
      which is weird because "table" is a repeat field where checkboxfield is nowhere present, but table repeat field and checkboxfield are in the same template, so why does it outputs error like that? any ideas ?