Any API classes/methods hidden inside docs?

3fingers

While looking at some code examples inside here in the forum, I've found a method I've never saw before and therefore I googled it (via Programmable Search Engine for Processwire) and found its page inside the API Docs.
So far, so good! I've discovered another hidden gem of Pw (just for your informations the infos I was looking for live at this page.)

But then I gave myself an attempt to traverse the API Docs backwards to understand how I could land onto that page, without knowing it upfront. And I fail, the best I can do was to land here.

Long story short, am I missing some good investigating skills or what? ?

Thanks adrian, looks like a very good solution (as always if there is Tracy around ? ).

I wonder if @ryan could evaluate to add all the dev branch additions and implementations right inside the website docs, tagging those to mark a distinction between them and those whom belong to the master branch. 

• Like 1

Not all the API variables and classes are included in the API Reference menus. For example, the whole $fieldgroups API variable and methods exist in the documentation but do not appear in the menus. Ryan has said:

The API reference index just provides a curated selection of classes and API variables that I picked out to appear on that page, focusing just on those that I thought would be good starting points. It would be overwhelming if it showed everything at that index. There are cross references throughout the API reference to most other unlisted classes for cases when they become useful. Of course it's all findable from the search engine too.

Personally I'd rather have everything listed in the menus.

In terms of modules there is also the Pro API Explorer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1