How to display current user page?

theoretic

Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!

I've got an interesting case concerning access to current user page. It appears that PW somehow limits access to the frontend page of current user.

I'm speaking about a specific PW configuration. We have two kind of users: 'regular' users with native user template and member users with specific member template and specific members parent page (by the way, it's so cool that PW allows to use custom user templates and custom parent for certain user pages!). So a member with name Joe has a page with member template and url like /members/joe .

The members template has some access limitations: only member users can see pages with member template. It works like a charm in most situations. For example, user Bill (who has member template and is logged in) can browse a page with url /members/ann which also is a member page with member template.

And now, meet the glitch! The above-mentioned Bill cannot get to his own page /members/bill ! PW generates 404 page instead.

I see no reason for this behavior. From my point of view any member should have access to any member page in this situation. What am i doing wrong? Any advice is welcome!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

As of end of May 2021 the situation has changed. PagePermissions.module included in Processwire 3.0.178 (and maybe in some of previous versions) has been updated, and @Jan Romero's patch is no longer actual. However you may need to manually create a new permission called user-view-all and apply it to guest role and maybe some other roles. After that guest users will have possibility to browse custom user profile pages.

• Thanks 1