Important Updates

adrian

Hi all,

I won't always post here when I update Tracy, but I will when I think the update is an important bug fix that you really should update to.

There was a bug in the new 2.8 branch of core Tracy package that was sometimes causing recursion and really slow load times and sometimes memory exceeding errors. This has been fixed and is available in 4.21.41 of Tracy released today.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

v4.21.52 fixes an issue with uploading images to repeatermatrix fields. This fix might also take care of a few other randomly seen bugs, although only time will tell with those. Regardless, I think this is a pretty important update for everyone.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone,

I just committed to new versions.

• 4.22.23 - updates Tracy core to 2.8.10
  • 4.23.0 - updates Tracy core to 2.9.0

I think everything should be fine in 4.23.0, but the new Tracy core 2.9 major version means that Tracy works without PHP sessions. This means that I was able remove several hacky workarounds to make this module compatible with PW's SessionHandlerDB module. I think I have everything working as expected, but wanted to also release a version with what I assume will be the last version of 2.8.x of the Tracy core.

Please let me know if you find any issues with the new 4.23.0 version and if you have any problems that I can't solve quickly, you can always drop back to 4.22.23.

Happy holidays! 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Not really an important update, but I wanted to highlight a new feature in the Console panel that lets you override it's default behavior where it handles and reports exceptions in the results pane. This is generally more convenient, but sometimes it's helpful to see the full stack trace in Tracy's "bluescreen". I've added a new checkbox to enable this. One important thing to note is that the bluescreen breaks the Console panel - to get it working again, you can minimise/hide the bluescreen (down arrow at the top right), or reload the page. I feel like I should be able to solve this so it doesn't break the Console panel, but for now, this is the workaround if you use this feature.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT!!!!! 

Hi everyone. I've made a few changes in the latest version that are worth mentioning, with the first one being a possible (although unlikely) security fix.

1) A couple of the panels (User Switcher and PageRecorder) store info in the module's config settings JSON, but when using these, it would also save any of the settings set via $config->tracy. In general this is probably just annoying, but in the case of the $config->tracy['forceIsLocal'] setting (introduced in Nov, 2021), this override could also be saved to the module's main config settings. Hopefully if you have used this setting, you have only used it locally with things like Docker where the normal isLocal() method fails, but please check your sites if you have ever enabled this somewhere live. In particular I know that @teppo and @netcarver (and I think @Robin S) have been using this feature, but pretty sure still only on local machines.

2) Even though that forceIsLocal setting is potentially dangerous, I decided to add it to the config settings (with a warning) as well so it's more transparent. Note that the debug bar displays a yellow warning icon on the left side if this setting is enabled. 

3) I also added a table that lists out any $config->tracy overrides in an effort to make it more obvious what overrides in place.

4) I've revamped the Log panels further with better logic to control when the yellow / red colors are applied to the icon. I have improved the sort logic within each specific log file and I have added the yellow / red highlighting to the lines that are new since you last loaded them. I have also increased the default number of lines from 10 to 100 - this makes these panels much more useful and because of other recent changes it is now performant enough to do this. Note that upgrading from an old version of Tracy won't increase this, so you might want to do that yourselves in the settings.

Thanks everything and sorry for the override settings getting save to the default one issue!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Just announcing a couple of new features that have actually been live for a week or so.

1) Guest dumps

This allows any calls to bd() be() etc by guest users (regular visitors, webhook calls etc) to be logged and displayed in the Dumps Recorder panel. This panel will open automatically (on page reload) on another browser tab (where you are logged in). To turn this feature on, click the "Enable Guest Dumps" toggle button on the Panel Selector. The cog icon for this panel will change to orange to let you know it's on. There is no security risk having it enabled, but if you have a well trafficked site and it is left on, the file that stores the recorded dumps could become very large so you won't want to leave this on.

This is my favorite new feature in a very long time so be sure to try it out.

2) Automatic includes

Any files you place in /templates/TracyDebugger/includes/ will be automatically included. You could have a file with some helper functions or the file could have an include statement to pull in a site-wide functions file. This will give you access to any functions in these files via the Console panel.

• Like 9