Where to put $allowMail variable for login with email

kyksh

Hi!

I need users to login by their email address. This works when I change the value in ProcessLogin.module

122     protected $useEmailLogin = null;

to

122     protected $useEmailLogin = true;

What would be a recommended way to enable this?

There's this line in ProcessLogin.module:

15  * @property bool|int $allowEmail Whether or not email login is allowed (0|false=off, 1|true=Yes, 2=Yes or name also allowed)

But I can't figure out how to set this. I tried next to $useEmailLogin in ProcessLogin.module and in config.php, but neither takes effect.

BTW I tried module LoginWithEmail but it seems outdated. My PW version is 3.0.165

You can change that through the module settings. In your backend, go to Modules -> Configure -> ProcessLogin. There you'll find the Login Type setting which you can set to allow login with username, email or both.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By ErikMH
      I’m new to Processwire. I’ve installed the current release version at my very-long-time (25 years) host, pair Networks. MySQL db is created. Installation process completed with no errors.
      I’m now trying to log in. Rather than taking the default `/admin` suggestion, I chose `/xyzzy`. When I go to `example.com/xyzzy`, PW displays a login screen, as expected. I enter the username (`xyzzy`) and password that I assigned (and copied and stored in 1Password) in the installation process (five words separated by hyphens). So far, so good.
      I would expect then to be taken to the admin pages. Or (if I got something wrong) to be given an error message. Instead, I’m taken to the URL `example.com/xyzzy/page/?login=1`, which as far as I can tell is exactly the same as the initial login page. No error is given.
      I grew so frustrated by this, that I deleted the entire installation and the MySQL database, re-downloaded PW, installed it again using a different username and password for the admin account.
      And I’m seeing exactly the same behavior. Time for me to ask you experts: WTF?
      Many thanks for any insights you may have....

• By Marvin
      Hi,
      I'm still new at processwire, i want to ask, i was create a website with sign in system, but i want to add a access roles/permission for each user at my website. For now, i just can create a login user without any permission and the user data became as a pages in my processwire.
      Here i attach my code for login
      <?php $note = $note2 = $hidden =""; if($input->get->id == "logout") { $session->remove('login_id'); } if($input->post->submit) { $email = $sanitizer->email($input->post->email); $pass = $sanitizer->text($input->post->pass); $result = $pages->find("email=$email, text_1=$pass"); if(!$email || !$pass) { $note = "Data belum lengkap"; } else { if($result->count > 0) { $session->login_id = "$result"; $hidden = "style = 'diplay:none'"; $url=$pages->get("/files/")->httpUrl; header("Location:$url"); die(); } else { $note = "Akun tidak ditemukan"; } } } ?> And this code for login form
      <div class="frow-container"> <div class="frow centered mt-50"> <div class="col-md-1-3"> <div class="box p-40 shadow-light"> <h2 class="mb-20 text-center" <?=$hidden?>>Database Partitur<br>GII HIT</h2> <form method="post" <?=$hidden?>> <label>Username <input type="text" name="email"></label> <label>Password <input type="password" name="pass"></label> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Masuk"> </form> <p class="notif"><?=$note;?></p> <div class="text-center"><?=$note2;?></div> </div> </div> </div> </div> Just for remember, my user data now is a pages, and i cannot give any permission to user data.
      Thank you very much for help.
    • By jploch
      Hey folks,
      Iam working on a new Admin Theme, based on AdminThemeReno, which I would like to release for the public soon.
      Now I want to style the login page to fit the look and feel of the backend.

After some research, I found out that I have to set the "$config->defaultAdminTheme = 'AdminThemeName' " inside my site config.php file to load all the styles from my admin theme on the login page instead of the default ones.
      Is it possible to set this via api from my Admin Theme settings, without the need of editing the config file?

• By DanielKit
      Hi. I'm currently stuck at the login page in my project. Once I enter my admin username and my password and press login, nothing happens. The page just reloads. However, the URL changes from http://myipaddress/processwire to http://myipaddress/processwire/?login=1. I've checked all of my server settings, and to my knowledge, all seems to be fine there. I don't know where to go from here.. Thanks in advance!
    • By Tyssen
      I have a client who is reporting that in the last couple of days they can no longer login to their site with their normal browser (Chrome). Using another browser or an incognito window works.
      I've tried logging into the site using the same login details in my usual browser (Firefox) and have had no problems.
      The site is a membership site and today other members are reporting the same problem.
      The site is running 3.0.148 and has the session handler DB and login throttle modules installed. It was recently upgraded to 3.x from 2.x. But no changes have been made to the site between the time when they were able to login OK and when the problem started happening.