Cannot save preferences in Tracy Debugger

Spiria

I have a weird problem with Tracy Debugger. I don't know if it's related to the module, but I can't change the settings. I always get an "ProcessWire: Unrecognized path" error with a curious URL (/bookmarks).

I don't have this problem with my other sites. They are all running under 3.0.171 at the moment, at least locally.

Any idea?

1446284828_CleanShot2021-01-30at15_25_46.png.177ed4756075bee55620c8b751b196e2.png

Hi @Spiria - that bookmarks url is a PW annoyance when it gets lost ?  and is not specific to Tracy.

I assume you have logged out and back in again (or used Tracy's PW Info Panel > Clear Session and Cookies option? If that doesn't help, I am not sure at the moment. Can you try disabling any other modules and hooks you have running? Tracy's Module Disabler panel can help with the first part of that.

What about disabling other modules / hooks?

If that also doesn't help, can you please try forcing the module to use the 2.7 branch of the Tracy core package by modifying this code block: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/blob/ed45cbf4d2b2827b8e74b07bbf8673c16b53b400/TracyDebugger.module.php#L332-L340

If that doesn't help, please try reverting to an older version of the entire module, perhaps this one as a starting point: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/releases/tag/4.21.29

Just now, Spiria said:

TD is the only module in this installation that I can't disable... I have to remove it by hand and clear the BD

Do you mean uninstall rather than disable? And is BD meant to be DB (database)?

Also, what is stopping you from disabling or uninstalling - do you get an error message or just nothing happens?

I feel like there has to be something strange about this installation if you are running the same versions of everything on others and it's working fine.

I mean either disabling or uninstalling. Nothing happens except the "unrecognized path" error. So I tried to remove physically the module, deleting the cache folder, emptying  the cache table in the DB (yes, BD is in French ;-)), emptying the session folder as well. Making sure there is no trace (no pun intended) in the modules table. Indeed, there is something strange about this installation...

I have found the culprit. My developer put a hook in the ready.php like this:

if (wire("page")->template->name === 'admin') {
    // Ensure Uniqueness of Emails across site
    $wire->addHookAfter("InputfieldEmail::processInput", function (HookEvent $event) {

$field = $event->object;

Commenting this whole hook removes the problem.

Sorry to have bother you with that.

• Like 1