Link to a multilingual page

Erik

When I want to make a link in a template to, for example, the contact form on a bilingual (Dutch and English) website. What does this link look like so that it goes to the currently active language contact form?

In template files I use the page-id to get the page or, where I have set a specific template name, I use this to get the page, and then uses the $p->url.

There are different ways and concepts people uses. I prefer to give own template names to specific pages, limited to one page only, so that I securely can get them from everywhere, regardless what name a editor gives them, or if a site owner deletes a page and creates a new one (what changes the page id). In the templates settings I use the property for mapping a different template (render) file.

So, for an unlimited number of basic-pages, 1 imprint page and 1 contact page I use 3 template names and one template file:

template file is: site/templates/basic-page.php

template names are:
basic-page, can be used for (unlimited) new pages
imprint, can be used only for one page and is mapped to basic-page (template file)
contact, can be used only for one page and is mapped to basic-page (template file)

But as already said, that's only my preferred way. ?

• Like 2