multilingual tags for images and files

virtualgadjo

Hi,

well as processwire does nearly everything i need, even more... ? and allows me to play with my own db tables and custom admin pages, i had to think hard to find something i'd like by default, found out ?

i would love to have native multilingual tags in image and file input fields (could be specific field like other inputs, images multilingual for example) it would greatly simplify isotope driven galleries
i know this is somthing we can achieve with modules or tuto from Ryan but, honestly, for those who mainly work with multilingual web sites it would be one more step towards pw paradise ?

have a nice day

Hi Robin,

and thanks a lot for your answer
you're right, Page References is a great way to implement tags/categories, that's what i use a lot for blogs/news for example
actually, Page References are not really multilingual by themselves but, as you retreive a page... reference ? thanks to pw API, it's so easy to get their local title and name plus whatever field the pages may contain

and funny enough, i've been hesitating between those custom fields for images and... your image repeater ? for quite a big gallery
coming from the author himself i'll follow your piece of advice and use the custom field solution even it's just for two fields actually, a legend and a category/tag
actually, the Page Reference field does part of the job for me, i have both the categories titles to display on the front side and the css value using the pages names without having to sanitize the title when multiword and/or containing diacritics what i have to do when dealing with native image tags in a monolingual website... (in french, you may have guessed with my english :))

have a nice day

• Like 2