Book Recommendations

apeisa

• 2 weeks later...
PRINT "I LOVE MY COMMODORE"    You key in this and press RETURN
I LOVE MY COMMODORE            The computer prints this
READY
▋

Admittedly this is a border case for a book-related thread, but I simply couldn't resist after todays comments in the admin theme thread: anyone remember that user manual C64 shipped with? The one that was part how-to guide for using C64.. but mostly an introductory book for Basic programming?

Well, for those who do remember (or don't but would like to) it's available as an HTML version from lemon64.com.. and commodore.ca has even more of that same stuff in PDF format.

They really don't make manuals like that anymore (probably for a good reason -- just imagine a modern PC or Mac shipping with C/C++/Objective C manual) but that's also one of the few manuals I remember reading from cover to cover more than once.. and actually enjoying it  :)

"Before you can use sprites it's important that you understand a few general things about how computers work.."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Here are a couple of books I'd recommend!

(fiction)

• Timeriders by Alex Scarrow: literally amazing and captivating | Amazon link
  • Sword Art Online: The novel is really fun to read and covers stuff not found in the anime | Amazon link
  • Tales of the Ketty Jay by Chris Wooding: a fun series of books about piracy | Amazon link
  • Ready Player One: A fun book that makes numerous old timey game references | Amazon link

Haha yeah, I pretty much read stuff not many other people will. :D

Sadly the only books have been reading lately are all programming related but i don't mind recommendations but my types are:

1. Science Fiction anything Time travel related that messes with my head e.g Butterfly effect,Predestination, The Girl who lept through time

2. Fantasy (Magic,Wizard ,Middle Earth,Orcs Dragons,)

3. Animes I watch and read all so feel free to recommend any awesome anime books too. 

thanks

1. Science Fiction anything Time travel related that messes with my head e.g Butterfly effect,Predestination, The Girl who lept through time

2. Fantasy (Magic,Wizard ,Middle Earth,Orcs Dragons,)

3. Animes I watch and read all so feel free to recommend any awesome anime books too.

Here ya go Sephiroth honestly, if you haven't read these they are all brilliant.

Here are a couple of books I'd recommend!

• Timeriders by Alex Scarrow: literally amazing and captivating | Amazon link
  • Sword Art Online: The novel is really fun to read and covers stuff not found in the anime | Amazon link
  • Tales of the Ketty Jay by Chris Wooding: a fun series of books about piracy | Amazon link
  • Ready Player One: A fun book that makes numerous old timey game references | Amazon link

The only thing I didn't cover in my post was fantasy but for that I'd recommend the inheritance series (sometimes referred to as Eragon) It's excellent!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  1. Sun Tzu's Art of War
  2. Nietzsche's Will to Power
  3. Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil
  4. Marcus Aurelius' Meditations
  5. Isekai Nonbiri Nouka novel online
  6. De Tocqueville's Democracy in America

Those are some I consider essential reads for lessons on life. For just an enjoyable read, I'd recommend picking what they haven't read from the Classics genre. You can generally get a good story and a lesson from them.

• 1 year later...

A bit late to the party, but still...

It's certainly not an unknown book, but as a fantasy-lover you have to have read Magician by Raymond E. Feist. And if you love it: there's tons of books that take place in the same world(s) that you can follow it up with.