Laravel?

stemalo

I was asking someone on Fiverr for a little bit help, because I'm new to processwire. I want to setup a directory. He did answer: we should do it in Laravel, it's faster and more stable. I'm absolutely convinced by processwire anyway this makes me a little bit unsure how to proceed. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, stemalo said:

He did answer: we should do it in Laravel, it's faster and more stable.

This could be someone who probably develops PHP apps using Laravel and has probably never even used ProcessWire. I'd expect something similar from a developer whose tool of choice is WP ?. So, unless they show you some benchmarks, I wouldn't necessarily believe it. Having said that, I don't know if ProcessWire is faster than Laravel or not. About stability, ProcessWire is very stable and reliable, although I am not sure what definition of stable we are using here.

6 minutes ago, stemalo said:

What do you think?

This really depends on your needs. I don't understand what you mean by 'wanting to setup a directory'. Both ProcessWire and Laravel have their strengths depending on the type of application or website you want to build. Laravel is a fine piece of kit just like ProcessWire is, however, the entry levels differ as well as their out-of-the-box experiences. The fact that you went to Fiverr tells me that you want somebody else to build the 'directory' for you? In that case, ask yourself questions such as long term support: which system (community) will serve you better in this case? E.g., if your developer 'vanished', will you still be able to use the system, get the support needed? What about scalability? Are we talking hundreds, thousands, millions of records/pages? There are many other questions but rather than throw the kitchen sink at this, maybe tell us a bit more about your 'directory' ?.

Just my 2p.

• Like 5

Sorry that I wasn't precise enough. I intend to create a directory of craftmans here in my region. So we are not talking about millions of records, rather in the lower thousands. It should be categorized after industry and location and should be a little bit like the "The Better Business Bureau" in the US. And I thought I could use the Skyscraper profile as base. Because it's already a directory itself. And I was already asking a person here from the community but unfortunately he's not answering anymore.

18 minutes ago, stemalo said:

I intend to create a directory of craftmans here in my region. So we are not talking about millions of records, rather in the lower thousands. It should be categorized after industry and location and should be a little bit like the "The Better Business Bureau" in the US.

That's very doable using ProcessWire. 

I could use the Skyscraper profile as base.

That's a good choice.

And I was already asking a person here from the community but unfortunately he's not answering anymore.

You can post this as a job in the jobs forum.