Padloper 2: Early Alpha Preview + Roadmap

kongondo

Just a small question about payment gateways. Have you a plan to release something like an abstract class to be able to be ready on the lunch of the version 2 ?  

I made last week a module to manage payment trough VivaWallet which I would like to port to PadLoper v2 asap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great work @kongondo. This looks fantastically feature-filled. You've obviously made a massive investment in this module, especially from a behind the scenes technical point of view. 

It is a shame in one sense it isn't built out if processwire pages, but it's obviously more powerful or efficient to have escaped the limitations of that setup. 

My only concern personally is the UI. I do prefer it over the standard UIkit setup of Processwire but I think myself and my clients would prefer they were closer visually to make it more of a seamless experience. 

I like the siderbar though, I can't think of a PW paradigm you could have used for that. 

Could you explain the difference between order notes and order comments though? 

Great works, thumbs up. Tell me where to send the money. 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. It's been a while. A little update. 

There has been a delay, again, unfortunately! Lockdown hit really hard. There were also a number of technical issues but these have since been resolved. Finally, a number of you (having seen the preview videos) strongly expressed the need for the Padloper UI to resemble the ProcessWire admin theme even in the alpha stage. The message I got was that this was more important to them from the get-go than having advanced Padloper features. I accepted their reasoning but this came at a cost. Padloper 2 has been re-themed to look like the ProcessWire admin. Given that we are using third-party libraries to build Padloper 2, this took a lot of time. Focus was placed on basic features only, for now, in order to expedite the first release of Padloper 2. This means that some advanced features will be missing from the first release of Padloper 2.

As for a release date, I was hoping for a 'spring baby'. That won't happen. I am now working hard toward a 'summer baby'. 

Screenshots

001-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.e51ec35fdcdbeedfe4ce2ac8ab7051eb.jpg

002-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.002fb524feb1ecc9c42963a7808b0c57.jpg

004-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.e7cb8ad441a4e61459185fac5fe47463.jpg

005-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.f7660b1e366b025c5693ca64c8ae7268.jpg

006-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.fc523ddbd234c4552594f29db3ad8f0f.jpg

007-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.43db597ed9698ce2cb24fbb90c9b071c.jpg

008-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.633cf689ea98d17d24f1ee74ce9a3210.jpg

009-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.5726e8d1bbc5645b6b8b8f98e7d49d62.jpg

010-screenshot_padloper_2_rethemed_june_2021.thumb.jpg.97ed656284dac5060c020004dd9fce06.jpg

Have a nice and safe day.

• Like 14

@kongondo keep up the great work. For me it would just be great to play around with this and service the ecommerce requests that I get, even in a basic capacity knowing that a fuller feature set will come later so I am not too fussed about advanced features at this stage.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I was curious what became of padloper 2 and now I found this thread and I am blown away. The quality of this new module seems to be outstanding. I am VERY looking forward to integrate it into my next project. The project will be around winter/spring and I am optimistic that the padloper 2 will be finalized by that time ?

• 1 month later...

Ladies and gentlemen. You have been waiting for a very long time. I am happy to say we are almost there. I am fixing a few loose ends in readiness for the launch. I will create a new thread outlining the way forward with alpha (early beta) testing later this week (barring any show stoppers) or next week at the latest. Thanks.

• Like 19

@kongondo so keen to get involved with the alpha release if possible! Got some projects that I’ve always held off on with the e-commerce aspect, knowing that I’d rather keep my clients onboard with processwire and the new evolution of padloper.

Exciting!!! ??

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, alexm said:

@kongondo so keen to get involved with the alpha release if possible! Got some projects that I’ve always held off on with the e-commerce aspect

Same. I’m actually hoping I can use it outside of the typical shop site. I want to build an app that allows for invoicing/payment through Stripe for 1-up items and most importantly being able to run a query in PW that searches pages and then invoices them all as **one** invoice. Padloper probably is overkill for that though. There’s probably already something available in modules that would do the job. But anyways, I’ll be supporting Padloper for sure.

• Like 2