16 hours ago, adrian said:

I haven't tried this theme yet, but I am assuming the issue is that the save button is floating? Wouldn't that put it on top of input fields sometimes meaning that you need to scroll to see everything? Sorry if I am not picturing how it works.

Anyway, if that's the case and you are planning on keeping that behavior, then I can add a class to the body like you suggest - let me know. One thing to note of course is that Tracy can sometimes have many bars down there - sometimes, the regular, a couple of redirects, plus three ajax bars. The number of ajax bars is also configurable so someone could potentially choose to show more than that - I just wonder if this will make positioning tricky? 

@adrian the save button in this theme is actually at a fixed position in bottom right corner of the screen (the save button on the top is hidden). So tracy is overlapping the button when open. If you could set a class when tracy is open or enabled, I could position the button differently. The open panels seem to open with a margin to the bottom, so the button is still visible when a panel is open...

@jploch - can you try the attached version please.

Sounds strange, but it's actually a bit more complicated than expected just because there are a few ways that the bar can be enabled / disabled / hidden. I think I might have them all taken care of, but would be good if you could help test. Thanks.

BTW, the class I added to body is: has-tracy-debugbar

TracyDebugger.module.php

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for this theme - it's really excellent!

Using a client account with restricted permissions, I noticed that when editing a page the View link in the main navigation bar didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the theme, or something unique to my setup.

26 minutes ago, jploch said:

@taotoo I use the theme for all my client projects and had no issues so far. This might be a problem with your permissions setup. Is the view link showing with the default uikit theme?

Yes it works fine with the uikit theme, thanks for the help!

5 minutes ago, taotoo said:

Yes it works fine with the uikit theme, thanks for the help!

I've just tried the theme with a different website, and the issue isn't there. So it must be something unique to this site, and not the theme.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taotoo said:

I've just tried the theme with a different website, and the issue isn't there. So it must be something unique to this site, and not the theme.

I'm an idiot - I was using the RestrictTabView module, with the View tab disabled for non-superusers.

(Not sure why this wasn't also affecting the default uikit theme though).

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@tires Glad you like it!

While I prever this admin theme over the default one. I think the default Uikit theme actually looks fine. But there is more to it than just aesthetics. For me, the main advantage is the fixed navigation with direct access to the tree navigation. It's just so much faster to navigate in the backend. It would be nice if the core theme had an option for fixed navigation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jploch said:

For me, the main advantage is the fixed navigation with direct access to the tree navigation. It's just so much faster to navigate in the backend. It would be nice if the core theme had an option for fixed navigation.

FYI, there is an option in the AdminThemeUikit module config for sticky header and page tree visible in the sidebar.

image.png.e8b045b79a0c4aa1c141a82bd29b9666.png

image.png.48bc95e98916a4bb5905a2a4e7775220.png

@Robin S Thanks for pointing that out. While I like the sticky header, I am not a fan of the sidebar. Is there an option where you can just make the header fixed?

Also there seems to be some problems with this setting if you reload the page.

I wish the sidebar actually worked well - I had hight hopes for that feature, but it just doesn't really work. Just in case you haven't ever noticed, the tree icon at the start of the breadcrumbs brings up a panel overlay with the full menu which is a really nice feature. That, together with Robin's BreadcrumbDropdown menu and life is pretty good.

AdminOnSteroids does have a sticky header feature.

• Like 1

@adrian I also noticed some problems with the sidebar. Would be nice to have a working sticky header option in the core theme without the sidebar, and maybe make the tree available in the first level like AdminThemeCanvas is doing without the need of extra modules.