addHookBefore('Session::redirect', ...) not working if template-settings-based PW redirects are used

theoretic

Hi guys and ladies! And thanks for Processwire!

It appears i've got an interesting issue concerning the template-settings-based PW redirects dealing with access control. Any PW template has some access control options i.e. "Login redirect URL or page ID to render". If this option is used for a page having a template with this option filled, a redirect will occur if user is not logged in and/or has insufficient access rights.

I like to hook PW events. In one of my current projects i decided to write an addHookBefore('Session::redirect', ...) which should store the page we are being redirected from. With "regular" redirects like $session->redirect('/somewhere/') this hook works like a charm. But it was strange to see that it doesn't work with the template-settings-based redirect.

I'm too dumb to dive deep inside PW and to examine the whole PW session mechanism. But it could be rather logical if ANY redirect ( no matter template-settings-based or using $session->redirect() ) could be hooked in the same manner.

Okay okay i can forget about template-settings-based redirect and write my own. Just a couple of lines of code, and it works. But it's less elegant than hooking the template-settings-based redirects.

So am i missing something? It this behavior a bug, or is it intended by PW team? Thanks in advance for any comment!