get post value from javascript fetch

997 998 999

Hello,

I'm trying to edit the field of a page with a value from a javascript fetch post request but I can't get the

file_get_contents("php://input")

or

$_POST

value in my PHP file.

I created a `update` template and a `update` page (to allow access from fetch request and avoid 404/403/... errors) containing this code :

$data = file_get_contents('php://input');
echo $data;

# test edit the page field with random value
#$home = $pages->get("/");
#$home->of(false);
#$home->testfield = "test value";
#$home->save();

# test fetch response  with random value
#echo "test fetch response";

That I fetch request with my client javascript like this :

fetch('/update', {
        method: 'POST',
        body: 'test'
    })
    .then(function(response) {
        return response.text();
    })
    .then(function(data) {
        console.log(data);
    })
    .catch(error => console.log('error'))
}

The field edit works fine and I get the test response from the `update` file but I can't get the posted value, I only get `<empty string>`. It is working fine outside of ProcessWire so I guess this is related to how PW handle $_POST ?

I found this post where it seems to be working :

Is there any way to get post value from javascript fetch request? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By dimitrios
      Hello,
      this module can publish content of a Processwire page on a Facebook page, triggered by saving the Processwire page.
      To set it up, configure the module with a Facebook app ID, secret and a Page ID. Following is additional configuration on Facebook for developers:
      Minimum Required Facebook App configuration:
      on Settings -> Basics, provide the App Domains, provide the Site URL, on Settings -> Advanced, set the API version (has been tested up to v3.3), add Product: Facebook Login, on Facebook Login -> Settings, set Client OAuth Login: Yes, set Web OAuth Login: Yes, set Enforce HTTPS: Yes, add "https://www.example.com/processwire/page/" to field Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates. On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked. Specify a message and/or an image for the post.
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, an access token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is utilized.

• By iipa
      Hello forum!
      I have a site, where I want to remember two settings defined by user:
      1) Theme (light or dark)
      2) Language (Finnish or English)
      Because user makes changes to these settings on client side, I am a bit lost with how can I save them in ProcessWire $session variable? I would like to use $session for more reliable saving, and since it is only two variables I will use, I doubt it will become too resource-needy.
      I have tried using jQuery's post() -method referring to a file in Templates folder (theme.php), but I get 403 Forbidden Error. I don't like the idea of trying to post to same file user currently is in, which is why I thought having a separate file would be good in this.
      Contents of theme.php:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://domain.com'); $theme = $input->post['theme']; if(!empty($theme)) $session->theme = $theme; ?> Long story short: Does anybody have any pro tips I could use with setting and getting $session variables?
    • By pwFoo
      With JS fetch() it is a bit tricky to get for example $_POST populated (params need to be FormData / forms), but would it possible to get PW $input (get, post, urlSegments, queryString) working for fetch requests?
      Is there a fix / hook / workaround to solve it PW side?
    • By hansv
      Hi everybody
      I want to catch a variable from outside processwire into _main.php
      if(isset($_GET['u']) && $_GET['u'] !== ''){ $gebruikersnaam = $_GET['u']; ... ... This is working fine in a php file in a non processwire environment. 
      In a processwire environment, I get the variable when I refer to /site/templates/_main.php but a great part of my template-code is not shown. 
      From outside processwire I refer to    mydomain/index.php.  If I place   $gebruikersnaam = $_GET['u'];  in index.php, how can I pass through my variable to _main.php?   Or is there an other solution?
      thx
      hansv
    • By chrizz
      hey there,
      I was wondering what the best approach looks like to access the input (entity) body from a POST or PUT request. I didn't find anything in the docs if $input supports these. If anyone has dealt with this problem in the past I'd be happy to hear about your solutions
      Thanks & cheers!