[SOLVED] Currently edited page as an object?

rash

Hi all,

when I’m editing a page in the backend, eg. /processwire/page/edit/?id=1032, is there a way to get the currently edited page (here: id=1032) as a page object, let’s call it $pageInEdit? The big plan behind would lead a bit too far, just a simple example what I would like to achieve:

if ($pageInEdit->field == 'foo') {
    // send a message or do something else
}

Thanks in advance

Thanks, @dragan, I guessed exactly the same ? Unfortunately that guess didn’t lead me to somewhere useful yet. When I do

$wire->addHookAfter('Page::loaded', function($event) {
    $page = $event->object;
    if ($page->whatever) {
        // do something
    }
});

$page contains all pages, not just the one I’m currently editing. Is there any chance to isolate this particular page in an object?

1 hour ago, rash said:

The big plan behind would lead a bit too far

I don't think so... the trick with PW hooks is to find out which hook to use, and whether to use before or after. Page::loaded seems to be the wrong method to hook into for what you want to achieve.

Here are some code-bits I used in the past, and they all work as expected (inside site/ready.php)

$this->addHookAfter('Pages::saveReady', function (HookEvent $event) {
        $page = $event->arguments[0];

// ----------

$pages->addHookAfter("ProcessPageEdit::buildForm", function (HookEvent $event) {
        $page = $event->object->getPage();
        $form = $event->return;

// ----------

$this->addHookBefore('Pages::saved(template=invoice, parent=23444)', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $page = $event->arguments(0);

• Like 4

Another thanks @dragan , Page::loaded was indeed the wrong method. ProcessPageEdit::buildForm delivers the $page object I was looking for – that's great! I have to play around a little with details to find out whether After or Before work better for my needs. Btw: I didn’t want to conceal the big plan, but I first had to check if I get the edit page object done before I could start to concretize a few foggy approaches for getting some rather weird customer wishes done.