upgrade problem

Christoph

Hi there,

I just wanted to update Processwire from 2.2.0 to 2.2.9 and downloaded the latest version from Github.

Then I replaced the /wire folder and the index.php. When trying to edit a page I got an error message that something was wrong in ProcessPageEdit.module. After some trying I decided to go back to my initial version, deleted the new and re-established the old /wire folder and index.php.

And no comes the real problem. It became even worse and now I can't get into the admin anymore. Very confusing.

Any idea how to solve that?

Yes, that's what I meant. Can't help much more right now (on a mobile..), sorry. Clearing the cache has usually been what's needed, for me at least. Especially as you replaced the whole wire directory so it shouldn't be about any file missing or something like that.

I hope someone else is able to help you better!

Hmm. That skipLabelHeader didn't exists at 2.2.0. So if you got the error message after downgrading back to 2.2.0, there must be traces of the upgrade lurking around somewhere. Clearing cache and probably restarting Apache would still be my best guess though. Just thinking aloud here :).

Oddly enough I had a similar issue yesterday upgrading from quite an old version to the latest in the dev branch - my error message was "cannot redeclare SessionHandler, sessionhandler is already defined" or something like that - can#t remember what it was exactly.

Emptied the cache a few times and no joy, re-uploaded the wire folder and no luck either. Deleted the existing wire folder and uploading it again worked though. Weird!

Oddly enough I had a similar issue yesterday upgrading from quite an old version to the latest in the dev branch - my error message was "cannot redeclare SessionHandler, sessionhandler is already defined" or something like that - can#t remember what it was exactly.

This type of error can usually be resolved by doing this:

rm /site/assets/cache/Modules*

This is something that ProcessWire does internally when it detects an upgrade. So you may be able to resolve it just by hitting reload on the page once or twice too.

• 1 month later...

I just tried a migration from dev to staging and got a whole bunch of class not found and problems trying to redeclare things that are "include_once" (sorry I didn't record exactly what they were). I tried several times clearing the cache folder of module files with no success. Initially the front-end looked fine and I could even get into the main admin pages, but couldn't edit anything without these errors.

What finally cleared it all up was killing APC and restarting apache. Of course I guess I don't which it was - APC, or just the apache reboot - that fixed things. 

• Like 1