New blog: Stripe Processor for FormBuilder

ryan

This week a second new module for processing Stripe payments has been added to FormBuilder. Unlike our other Stripe Inputfield for FormBuilder, this new one uses Stripe Checkout and supports 3D Secure (SCA) payments. We’ll take a closer look at it in this blog post, plus we’ve got a live demo of it here too— 

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/stripe-payment-processor-form-builder/

• Like 9

@rick If you needed to back out of the payment screen, I haven't yet found a way to make the browser back button play nicely here. But Stripe provides a back button for this purpose though (see the ProcessWire logo on the left where it has a left arrow and says "Back" when you hover), and this one does enable you to effectively cancel the transaction and return to the form. 

@alexmercenary Thanks, glad that you are liking this module (saw your post in the FormBuilder board too). Makes my day actually, thank you. This is a module that I thought was necessary to build before December, when SCA in Europe will apparently be a requirement. I wasn't able to find a way that the existing Stripe Inputfield could be updated to support 3D Secure, at least not in a way that would be reliable with the form workflow. Basically, with 3D Secure, the charge takes place at the time the user inputs the card and an independent popup verifies it. So if the card collection is part of another form (as the Stripe Inputfield is), and someone pays but never submits the form (or submits but never fixes validation errors), you end up with an orphan charge. Stripe's solution to this scenario is that you should issue a refund. I thought that was too much for people to keep track of (charges that are missing a form submission). So thought it was necessary to build this module and include it with FormBuilder, especially for any of those in Europe that might already be using the Stripe Inputfield. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ryan said:

glad that you are liking this module

+1 ? I have not used it yet because currently I do not have to implement payment for sites in Europe, but living there it can easily happen and it is good to know that we have a ready made solution. Thank you so much!

• Like 1