CKEditor h-tags bug

fruid

I doubt nobody has seen this issue before…

when I have an <h2> or <h3> or the likes in a CKEditor-body-field and I delete that header, the h-tag is applied to whatever comes next in line. I'm obviously talking about the WYSIWYG-view. Similar bugs occur when applying an h-tag, that tag sometimes encloses the next line as well. Could be that this happens when the next line is in the same "block"-element and not technically a new line but separated with a <br> but not always…

When will a new version of CKEditor for PW be released or what's a competitive alternative at this point?

6 hours ago, fruid said:

I doubt nobody has seen this issue before

Yes, it has always been like this since I can remember. 

6 hours ago, fruid said:

When will a new version of CKEditor

I don't think this is a ProcessWire issue, but a CKEditor one. So unless they fix it on their side, a new version will not help unfortunately.

• Sad 1

CKEditor 5 is a completely different kind of editor. It doesn't store the entered text/markup as is, but rather transforms it to it's in built data model. The transition to it would probably be pretty complicated if possible. Things like text formatters, image plugin and a lot of textarea-related stuff would probably have to be redesigned. So do not think it is going to happen soon (but Ryan can surprise us like he did a million times)))

• Like 2

@fruid I guess the only way to circumvent this behaviour is to delete with the backspace key, instead of "select block and use delete-key".

Searching for this issue brought up this PR, which apparently has just been merged yesterday (though I'm not 100% sure if it really fixes the exact same issue).

• Like 1