Fatal error when adding image field

Jessie

Hi all, I'm a beginning, and just finishing the first site with PW. I installed PW master to my site, however when I tried to add image filed, it shows me the fatal error message as shown in the screenshot attached. I installed PW as how it was downloaded via FTP. Could someone tell me what this error message means, and do I actually need to edit the php files in wire folder?

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 09.35.40.png

Hi all, I'm a beginner, and just finishing the first site with PW. I installed PW master to my site, however when I tried to add image filed, it shows me the fatal error message as shown in the screenshot attached. I installed PW as how it was downloaded via FTP. Could someone tell me what this error message means, and do I actually need to edit the php files in wire folder? Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 09.35.40.png

Hey @Jessie!

I'm not familiar with this particular error, but  the first thing I'd try would be to upload the wire directory again. FTP connections are somewhat prone to errors, it seems, and a missing or corrupted file could possibly explain this.

If that doesn't help:

• Which version of ProcessWire are you using?
  • What's the PHP version on your server?

Also: I'm assuming this is a vanilla ProcessWire setup, and you don't have any third party modules installed? At least int he past the CropImage field has had similar issues, so if this isn't the built-in Image field we're dealing with, that'd be good to know.

Sorry for not being able to provide a clear answer; hopefully we can figure this out without too much hassle ?

4 hours ago, Jessie said:

and do I actually need to edit the php files in wire folder?

As a general rule of thumb: never change anything within this directory. Wire is not meant to be edited.